• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Auto overclocking?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

k0r34nguy

Should I auto overclock my eVGA 6800 GT? The option was found when I checked up on my card. My core GPU temp is at 52 and ambient temp goes from 34-35.

Should I do the command to auto overclock?

a lot of the time the auto oc will be some insane setting that's probably not too wise to set with stock cooling...do it the old fashioned way, work it up slowly...just my $0.2...

Jarhead7236 said:
a lot of the time the auto oc will be some insane setting that's probably not too wise to set with stock cooling...do it the old fashioned way, work it up slowly...just my $0.2...

i agree

I agree. The autoOc usually will make the core too high. It will work, but after a few mins. of a good game, you will get artifacts or lockups. A real good way to OC is by 10%. For example: Stock 6600gt AGP, 500/900, go for 550/990 . Then inch it up a few mhz. at a time and keep an eye on temps. What I mean by a inch at a time is, try a setting for a whole day of computing/gaming, before you move it up. Just cause it runs at a certain speed doesnt mean it will for hours on end of Farcry or HL2.

Back