• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

NewEgg to the rescue....

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

BC|Wulf

NewEgg has rescued me from Linksys's stupidity. Don't get me wrong, I love my Linksys products, but their customer service and technical support staff are flipping idiots.

I currently have a WAP11 wireless B access point for my wife's laptop, but the signal qaulity sucks in our basment. So I was going to order another AP to act as a repeater, but thought if I can get another WAP11 for $40, spend the extra $25 and get teh WAP54G, if it would be compitable.

So I emailed Linksys tech support about it and they said that a WAP11 could act as a repeater with the WAP54G. Cool, so I ordered one from NewEgg with my new memory and it gets to me lickty split! I have spent the last two days trying every combination of settings to get the repeater working with no luck.

This morning I email Linksys tech support about it and the reply I get did not make me happy. They said that the WAP11 would only work with another WAP11....... :confused: .....Um ok...WTF. SO I call them up and the tech tells me the same thing on the phone. I ask him what I was going to do with a $65 paper weight, and he said talk to customer support.

So I call up customer support and explain my situation and how their tech support first said it would work, then they said no. She said they could not do anything, adn talk to the store I bought it from. :temper: :mad:

Now I am really pissed and proceed to chew her a new hole about how it is their problem not NewEgg....no luck! :cry: This has been about a 30 minute process and I was very frustrated, but decided to call NewEgg to see what they would do for me.

I call up a very friendly woman who actually speaks english and in less than 5 minutes I had an RMA and they are not charging me the restocking fee since I was going to order another WAP11. :attn: :clap:

NewEgg has to be one of the best companies I have dealt with! Kudos to them!

BC|Wulf said:
who actually speaks english
ROFL....thats outsourcing for ya :D

Glad newegg set things right...thats the real reason why people put up with the higher prices, purely for moments like this :D

Back