• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Folding related? Question about removing spyware/adware etc.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Steveo989

Not officially involved with AAR
What are some programs that will remove all this garbage from computers? I am going to start a borg/repair shop. I repair there computer(remove spyware/adware) and I get a F@H borg. Lets really stomp on OCAU and H.

Adaware pro & Hijack this are poular. System mechanic pro has a decent hunter/killer built into it.

Microsoft Antispyware beta looks promising for removing and actively blocking threats.

I made a first aid kit. It's a disk A carry around with me. Many times when I happen to go and visit I get the do you know anything about computers?

Spybot
Adaware SE
Spyware Blaster
CWShredder

Also I found this place (Lukefilewalker) free antivirus:

http://www.free-av.com

I don't think I've found a magic bullet to cure all.
If anyone does let me know. I would love to run on one program!
None of the above seem to get it all, but together seems to work really good.

By the way my new fee for computer repair is a BORG.

I've been using Webroot's Spysweeper for over a year now. So far it's found the stuff that spybot and adaware never found, and it's easy to use. I was happy to see Maximum PC name it the #1 anti-spyware app of 2004

Back