• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I made the plunge

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Ok because if have the PC-75B and it is "pretty" much the same case just bigger and i didn't know that...but that is kinda cool as you can see the mem and the wb on the graphics card..

Aphex_Tom_9 said:
it's okay to not have the reset connector on.
i dont think it's okay to have the mach and cpu turn on at the same time, it should get down to -30 or so before booting...

i dont have any of the wires hooked up from the MachII to the mobo...heck i dont have the PC's PSU hooked to the MachII, (separate PSU) so that part is fine.

now as for the turning on @ the same time...i DO NOT! i wait till about -30 on the LCD and then turn on the PC.
it can take a minute or so B4 the MachII even starts to get below ambient, so during that time, the CPU is going to be running A LOT hotter than with a -45 evap head.

pict02173ay.jpg

pict02197ns.jpg

Joe Camel said:
now as for the turning on @ the same time...i DO NOT! i wait till about -30 on the LCD and then turn on the PC.
it can take a minute or so B4 the MachII even starts to get below ambient, so during that time, the CPU is going to be running A LOT hotter than with a -45 evap head.

what i've been doing when I have to shut down is turn off the psu, hold insert when i turn it back on and boot it up (so it's at 600mhz) and waiting for -30 or so before rebooting.

you ever gonna fit that in your case joe? :p
nice clocks on that PE, glad that tec worked out for ya :bday:

crimedog said:
what i've been doing when I have to shut down is turn off the psu, hold insert when i turn it back on and boot it up (so it's at 600mhz) and waiting for -30 or so before rebooting.

you ever gonna fit that in your case joe? :p
nice clocks on that PE, glad that tec worked out for ya :bday:

if you have an old PSU laying around, you can "jump" it and then plug the Mach into it. that way, the 2nd PSU is the on off switch for your Mach. the unit does NOT draw any real power form the PSU so you can use a 300watt or lower one you *might* have around ;)

as for my rig, i never end up fitting my cooling setup inside the case...thats all 5/8" tube btw

nah i don't have any room for a psu anywhere in my case, it would be as much effort turning that psu on as what i'm doing i think anyways...

joe if you want a section of 7/16" ID tubing send me a message i'll hook you up :)

Back