• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I made the plunge

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

crimedog

Just hacked up my v1000b today to fit a r402a modded mach1 with autoflex evap line. After about 8 hours of labor I'm running vapo cooled cpu and water cooled nb and gpu.
I'll do pics and everything when I'm settled, but right now I'm concerned about my mount. The lcd says -43c and mbm5 says 4c (2.3ghz). I assume I just have a bad mount (arggggg). Am I right?

update: 22c @ 2.65ghz load... temps drop fast when i press on the bottom of the evap head... guess i'm remounting tomorrow

Last edited:
First time i installed the head of my prommy i had bad contact. And with my motherboard i can't get an accurate temp reading, so i worry about bad contact every day. If i were you, i would pull the head just to check contact, it will give you peice of mind. I think mine is ok now, but only guessing that from results. And uhm, pics NOW! :p

Vio1 said:
your motherboard will NOT read sub zero temps accurately. My motherboard reads my temps at -5C all the time.

if your using asus probe close it and reopen it.

the temp wont update for some reason but you can take a sort of snapshot of the cpu temp that the probe is reading this way.

oh damn i thought my mobo was in sig, it's an abit nf7-s 2.0

i've seen mbm temps below zero, which is how i know it was a bad mount.

i just remounted and am seeing 4c load, -1c idle -39c on lcd.

crimedog said:
oh damn i thought my mobo was in sig, it's an abit nf7-s 2.0

i've seen mbm temps below zero, which is how i know it was a bad mount.

i just remounted and am seeing 4c load, -1c idle -39c on lcd.
lol, you are fine. my first run with my M2 was on an NF7-S v2 with a mobile, and i was seeing 20c loaded. i was like "WHAT THE F!?". i remounted about 3 times, each time the contact impression looked fine. i got it down to 13c loaded. still pissed, i suddenly realized these readings are coming from....THE SOCKET TEMP PROBE. which isn't worth crap.
Mount it well, and forget about temps. Trust me.

ok, i uninstalled mbm5 :)

do you have to have the reset plug in? my case doesn't have a reset switch so i didn't bother extending the connector. there is no power up time with this, the computer turns right on, but the cpu doesn't go over 40c so i guess it's ok. will suck once i get high speeds though (that need low temps).

what kind of temps do you guys see on the lcd? i'm a bit dissapointed because i was told this kept a fx55 @ 3ghz down to -47c idle and am seeing -39c on lcd (which is usually high, right?) with barton @ 2.7ghz 1.9v

btw, i wanna say thanks to vio1 because i never would have even bought this unit if i hadn't seen his vapochill under his v1000 :)

it's okay to not have the reset connector on.
i dont think it's okay to have the mach and cpu turn on at the same time, it should get down to -30 or so before booting...

cut1.JPG

cut2.JPG

desktop.JPG

throughwindow.JPG

cpuz.JPG

2.8ghz feels stable, will test later

WOW, very very nice. A little off subject but what type of tubing is that your using on the watercooling and those are some nice Heatsinks on your 6800, what type are they?

crimedog said:
btw, i wanna say thanks to vio1 because i never would have even bought this unit if i hadn't seen his vapochill under his v1000 :)

No problem dude. You got an awesome setup there!

BTW, what is that ontop of your case?

heatsinks
tubing is 7/16" id masterkleer (from mcmaster)

the box on top is a 1/2" mdf box I built with two double heatercores, two 172mm rotron patriot fans, iwaki md-15r pump, and two colder quick disconnects.

At least you can fit the system in a case...I have to go caseless for my setup. It's all good though, the temps make it worthwhile :D

Good Luck with it man, I think it looks good.

is that pic with the 6800 in it tacking upside down or do u have your case upside down for the vapo becasue of the height of that "the leaning tower of casa"

yeah, forget about the nf7 temp probe. i got the same problem. the socket sensor reports temps at 20C+ durring load but the temp sensor that i got on the evap bottom (next to the cpu) is a about -20C load

Back