• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help with Mach II

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

WA2

Ok, I got the unit back and hooked it all up tonight. Problem is that it wont boot my computer...I get the "to slow" error message...book tells you to recheck that the yellow wires are plugged into the pwr on the mobo. I have done this. I can boot the computer fine with a jump , so I know the pwr is fine. The Mach II turns on and temp starts to drop on the display, but I keep getting this error. Any ideas?

Maybe you should update your firmware for the controller?

When you jumper the computer, do you mean you can do this with the unit powered and actually get it running...or you cannot get both the unit and system running together?

Well, the Mach unit seems to be running, it kicks on and the system will boot fine if I turn it on (not waiting for the Mach II unit to boot it), but there is no cooling. I get to 55c and auto shutdown. I have not updated the firmware...that is another deal. When I plug it in to my mobo (the usb plug) I do not get a recognition that anything has been plugged in.

Last edited:
Try un-hooking the MachII from the board...but leave the controller so you can power the unit up. Hook up your regular comp switches.

Now, jump the MachII off by shorting the 2 power pins. It should boot up and get cold. Once it gets cold, try starting the system as normal.

I hope this makes sense, I had to do this once on my LS...should work the MachII also.

Turns out the contact is *****. I just took it all apart and put on some new thermal, put the block back on and then checked it...It (the block) only touches part of one corner of the cpu, and I tightned the **** out of it. It is like the foam is toooooo thick on the mobo and block. (@#*&^$#@*&%^$&%!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have spent hours trying to figure out what the hell is up...and it is the damn contact??!!...f*ck me. I am so mad.........grrrrrrr!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Guess I will contact the guys who did the mods and see what they have to say.

Do you have access to a planar (?) or something you can use to evenly shave down the gaskets?

I always shave the evap gasket, as it seems to be a little on the thick side. I can shave just a hair off, and it makes awesome contact. You could try to do this, or you can call XT and tell them the problem...they'll get it fixed.

I have emailed them..They are kinda slow on getting back to emails. I hope this is the problem. I cant be sure untill I get a good contact.

I would give them a call, they have their number on the website. I never get e-mail responses from them, but they are always there to answer my calls.

I just got a new gasket kit from them, and the evap gasket is thicker than the one I have now. I'm gonna have to shave it down some in order for it to work right. i have ordered quite a few from them, and I always remind them to cut it a little thinner...guess they dont like my suggestions :(

Back