• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Would someone mind sheeding light on what card I have?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

IYIENACE

I bought a new card from Gameve listed as "x800xt" for $410.00.
The packaging is "x800 xt" too.
When I installed it, it is listed as a "x800 le" - WTH is that? I also found it odd the hsf only said "x800" otherwise the stickers match the xt cards I've seen pictures of. Googled it and didn't find much, it shows 16pipes and the stock speed is 500/500.

Is thiis some kind of reject card or something?? :-/

btw I need to update my sig.....

ouch man.....they sent you the wrong card :-/. LE implies that it is of an SE derivant. If you can go ahead and fire up 3dmark03 to verify this.

If you arent in teh 12k range its time to start calling people... :(

yea, defineately start calling people. i would be pissed if i spent that much on a card and didn't get what i paid for.

Sentential said:
ouch man.....they sent you the wrong card :-/. LE implies that it is of an SE derivant. If you can go ahead and fire up 3dmark03 to verify this.

If you arent in teh 12k range its time to start calling people... :(

I don't have 03 installed but here's my 05.
http://service.futuremark.com/compare?3dm05=525212
I feel like I just got kicked in the nuts.

(notice that is o/c to xt-pe speed too.)

IYIENACE said:
I don't have 03 installed but here's my 05.
http://service.futuremark.com/compare?3dm05=525212
I feel like I just got kicked in the nuts.

(notice that is o/c to xt-pe speed too.)
Thar be an SE :( Start calling em up. My GT scores in the 4500 range, an XT should be in the 5k range at stock. Yous is a good 500 points below and much closer to a 6600GT level @ 4k. Yours is definatly NOT an XT. The clocks may reflect if but something is definatly up.

I need you to run an 03 score just to be perfectally sure

Unreal89 said:
Thats a bit odd, there is a guy here who has an x800pro pci-e VIVO and tried to flash to XT, but after he did it showed as an SE. Do you have a pci-e version? maybe there is something wrong with the PCI-E x800XT.

Edit: the guy is overclucker, here... http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?t=361180

Nah I'm just VGA...this is wierd because the box from Powercolor has "XT" plastered all over it!
The card is stock except I o/c with ATitool to see if it would do anything.

Unreal89 said:
rma-ing sux

You said it brother.
My camera is at work or I would take a picture of the box and show all the XT markings on it.

I o/c the core to 540 and dropped the mem to 550.
I replaced the driver that came on the cd and installed Omega's latest.
I have no overclocking at all on my cpu or memory to get an idea of whats up on this card.
The score went up 1.5k? :eh?:
Also with the Omega driver the card shows as X800-XT?

Should I rma amyway or does my score reflect normal performance with the new driver?

as with the supplied driver

X800LE.JPG

before and after driver change:

orb.JPG

Back