• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

looking for cheap vid card question on 9250?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

NZL_ALX

Registered
this card looks good and cheep but one site said you cant overclock this and another said all low end radeons have a clock lock so you cant does anyone know what the truth is?

i just need a low end vid card but i wanna clock it too so yer what card is good for what i want?

Welcome to the Forums :)

What about a 9600pro? - they overclock like anything.

You probably won't find one for less then 100NZD. But it's a significantly faster card.

There's a tool lurking about for enabling adjustments of core & memory frequency on older radeon cards. I used it to overclock my old 9000 & 9000AIW. I'll try to come up with a link or it's name at least.

For a DX8 card I would look into a Ti series. They are pretty darn cheap and might do better than the 9250.
For the 92XX cards yes they do overclock, just not on stock drivers. If you was to get Omega drivers and install them per instructions(easy to do) you can raise the clocks. The thing is most 92XX don't have fans or RAM sinks and you probally would want them on your card.
here is a link for Omegas: http://www.omegadrivers.net/

Back