• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

X800 Pro VIVO to X800XT PE mod, kind of worked?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Motley

Well, it kind of worked. I was able to flash my BBA X800 Pro VIVO, and installed new cats 5.1, and CCC showed up as X800XT PE.

But, when I opend up ATI Tool, to scan for artifacts 3-D view, it hung. I tried re-installing the drivers, but it kept hanging on any kind of 3D rendering.

So, I flashed my original backed up BIOS, and re-installed cats 5.1, and everything works just fine.

Any suggestions? Man, I would love to get that flash mod to work!!!

Well first things first, does it run at XTPE speeds? 520/560

If it doesn't all you have to think about doing is down clocking it so that it can run. Better cooling might help also depending on your situation.

Also since you flashed back are you running 12 or 16 pipes? Sometimes when flashing back it doesn't fully take and it might leave you with 16 pipes enabled which can be good if it doesn't run at XTPE speeds, then again it might be bad also.

deathman20 said:
Well first things first, does it run at XTPE speeds? 520/560

If it doesn't all you have to think about doing is down clocking it so that it can run. Better cooling might help also depending on your situation.

Also since you flashed back are you running 12 or 16 pipes? Sometimes when flashing back it doesn't fully take and it might leave you with 16 pipes enabled which can be good if it doesn't run at XTPE speeds, then again it might be bad also.

OK, so I can under clock it then? Because when I flashed back to original BIOS, it showed 12 pipes, but I cannot overclock it beyond 500/480.

Well there is the problem then. Its not going to run at XTPE speeds. If it can't its possible that it won't even handle the extra 4 pipes enabled at your highest clock.

You can try clocking it down to that speed to see if it works, but if it crashes on windows loadup you'll have an issue with it then since the card will run at 520/560 until it boots into windows and programs bootup to set it to the desired clock speed.

deathman20 said:
Well there is the problem then. Its not going to run at XTPE speeds. If it can't its possible that it won't even handle the extra 4 pipes enabled at your highest clock.

You can try clocking it down to that speed to see if it works, but if it crashes on windows loadup you'll have an issue with it then since the card will run at 520/560 until it boots into windows and programs bootup to set it to the desired clock speed.

hmm, well, I actually was doing some digging around, and I found an ATI X800 Pro VIVO 16 Pipe BIOS on this site. I'm gonna try that, it runs at 475/450 which is my default speed.

Ya I'd try that. I had an issue with mine using the XTPE bios after a couple months, and switched back to the normal bios, yet it still has my 16 pipes unlocked, and runs beyond the XTPE speed yet again :)

My luck so far has been good with having a Pro bios & 16 pipes. Hopfully it works well with your card.

deathman20 said:
Ya I'd try that. I had an issue with mine using the XTPE bios after a couple months, and switched back to the normal bios, yet it still has my 16 pipes unlocked, and runs beyond the XTPE speed yet again :)

My luck so far has been good with having a Pro bios & 16 pipes. Hopfully it works well with your card.

Cool, I'll report back with my results!

Well, my results are not good. I must have tried like 3 or 4 different BIOS, and no go. Getting artifacts, errors. I even underlclocked to 450/450.

So, I didn't want to kill the brand new card, I flashed back to my original BIOS, and i'm just gonna stick with that, at 500/475.

oh well, i tried.....

Back