• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Updated Setup (pic action)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Aphex_Tom_9

so, here's the latest shot of my computer-
compexplained21050hr.jpg

1- pcp&c 600W psu :D
2- BI pro 2 w/ 2x panaflo M1A's
3- mess of wires...need to clean that...
4- where the action is. the white wire you see is part of the Vcore Voltmod :)
5- L30
6- temp monitor (compressor/condenser temps)
7- mach 2 (duh)
8- quick reference for the vmod control (clockwise = more voltage ;))

and here's an un-adultered pic-
comp21057mm.jpg

crimedog said:
what's #8? :D

all that room for a psu and hte pcp&c won't fit? out of curiosity what temps are you seeing on the lcd?
i fixed 8 :)
yeah, the pcp&c is actaully pretty damn big. i'm thinking of making a custom case for it or something...
right now, at about 1.98vcore, im seeing -35c unloaded.

well that beats my powerstream on the floor rats nest effect. good to see im not the only one with a few wires laying about and going for more performance than looks.

i cant believe how big that pc p&c looks though.

hawtrawkr said:
well that beats my powerstream on the floor rats nest effect. good to see im not the only one with a few wires laying about and going for more performance than looks.

i cant believe how big that pc p&c looks though.
well, i think as soon as im done working on the overclock, i'll have some time to neaten it up a bit.
i feel there's some kind of divine logic to it all, though.

Aphex_Tom_9 said:
well, i think as soon as im done working on the overclock, i'll have some time to neaten it up a bit.

There is a logic to it, if you break something it's not going to be a pain in the arse ripping everything apart & replacing if need be.

I'd be afraid to sneeze with everything like that.

Aphex_Tom_9 said:

i say that too unfortunantly it seems im never done ocing though ;)

if i could just stop myself from buying new hardware every other week i could sit down and manage all the cables and tubes in a neat and orderly fashion but the few times ive set everything up all nicely it just gets torn apart a week later or so (if it even lasts that long)

hawtrawkr said:
i say that too unfortunantly it seems im never done ocing though ;)

if i could just stop myself from buying new hardware every other week i could sit down and manage all the cables and tubes in a neat and orderly fashion but the few times ive set everything up all nicely it just gets torn apart a week later or so (if it even lasts that long)
of course that's what will happen to me, i just like to think i'll get around to it :p

:eek: Whoa. That's an overclocking monster lol :D

That psu is huge. You'll have to make a custon enclosure or something for it. And sleeve some cables. Other than that. Pimping right along with your ghetto rig man. :D

oh yeah, half the random cables you see in the back...are from another psu i have on top of the PCP&C, for tricking my mach into thinking my comp is still on if i need to do a cold-boot reset after an OC experiment failure. the 2 minute restart delay on the mach is really annoying, so i bypass it.

Is that a Chieftec case?

I am curious, because I am planning on making a custom enclosure for my Mach II, that will match and fit my Chieftec case. In your pictures, it looks like the Mach II case fits perfectly on top of the Chieftec case.... which means that I measured wrong :p.

Nice setup you have there, I like the uber PSU. Sleeve some wires, and it will look prety good actually - performance>looks :)

One more thing, your family really does love you for all that stuff.
well, i got the M2 for my 16th birthday, lol. the mobo/cpu were for xmas this year. i sell the parts that i replace to make up for part of the costs, and buy all this on ebay or the forums. i got the m2 for 420, brand new, and the mb/cpu for 250 used.

Is that a Chieftec case?

I am curious, because I am planning on making a custom enclosure for my Mach II, that will match and fit my Chieftec case. In your pictures, it looks like the Mach II case fits perfectly on top of the Chieftec case.... which means that I measured wrong .

Nice setup you have there, I like the uber PSU. Sleeve some wires, and it will look prety good actually - performance>looks
yes, it's a Chieftec Dragon Mid-Tower, with a custom Alienware front panel (i've just used the same case since i got the alienware 3 years ago)
It doesnt fit perfectly. the case is about 1-2cm wider than the M2, but id say they're very very close in depth.
Yeah, i need to get around to the PSU sometime...i'll call it my next project.

Back