• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

woot!! p4 just lost 10mhz???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Scph9002

Just noticed something really strange just now... last time I checked cpuz my cpu speed was 3207mhz but now it´s 3198??? what´s going on here?? Can it have something to do whit the change from an geforce fx 5600xt to radeon 9800 pro??? I haven´t changed anything in bios... it´s as it was before!!

Is the FSB still the same. Perhaps there has been a slight change in FSB. You are using a 16x multiplier so a 10MHz change in frequency works out as approx a 0.625MHz change in FSB.

bus is at 199.9mhz... it was 200.5 before... readed by cpuz.... but in bios it´s 200... or standard!

Scph9002 said:
bus is at 199.9mhz... it was 200.5 before... readed by cpuz.... but in bios it´s 200... or standard!

Should be OK, slight fluctuations in FSB are nothing to be concerned about. It may well be the change of graphics card that caused the small change.

do your voltages stay stable? voltage fluctuations can cause a fluctuating bus speed, which in change fluctutates the frequency

anyways, 10mhz is nothing to worry about

Back