• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Unbelievable

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Ebola

Senior Toilet Scrubber
Yes this is another Dell horror story. I do all of the hardware ordering for my company and we have always used Dell as a supplier. We have a business account with them and I've ordered a considerable amount of hardware from them in the past year including several high end servers.

I know they don't give a rats *** about home users but they used to atleast put in some effort for business customers. It looks like that's changed.

Today after wasting an hour on the phone with Dell and getting told that they wouldn't send someone out to fix a computer that posted with motherboard failure on a service tag that has 3 years of support left I was rather upset. The computer is less than a year old.

Granted I had 5 LCDs out of of 15 die in a previous order. Atleast they were replaced. To add to this Dell took away our business contact support lines and the page to our Dell contacts for support. Apparently you have to pay to get this now. Your service contracts don't include it.

What put the final nail in the coffin was our last order. Dell decided to cut cost and remove 50% of the plastic off their keyboards. These new keyboards are the worst piece of crap I've had to deal with.

Dude you lost our business.

Dell used to be great but they sure are going down hill. Not only inthe service department, but as you mentioned, their hardware is turning into crap as well. I have notice that their cases are getting as flimsy as emachines. But the worst part of it is that Dell is propably the best pre-assembled computer company.

Back