• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Difference between ASUS CUSL-2 and ASUS CUSL-2 BLACK PEARL

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
one is green and one is black. can you guess which is which. hehe.

ok ok. i dont think there is any difference but you should buy the black one just because it looks cooler. then you could put a window on the side of your case and show it off.

If you have some money then buy the Black Pearl as it looks awsome. But only buy it if you have the extra money, as it only provides a slight increase in perpformance over the cusl2. I was looking at buying one, but I went el-cheapo and got the cusl2-c. Still very good though...;)

If you can get a Black Pearl for a good price go for it. They are essentially the same but the BP comes with a free pen or mouse or something.

The BP is the latest revision, 1.04, whereas on the CUSL, it could be 1.00 to 1.03.

The prices on the BP should be dropping fast, now that the Tualatin (or whatever) version of the board is out. I was gonna get a BP but I've decided to just wait till the prices of the Tualatin board comes down a little. Then I can run it or Coppermines.

BP comes with a better manual, a Screwdiver-all-in-1-kit, a bigger ROM [for bigger, higher res, higher colour full screen start up logos], an actaul program to flash them logos, gold plated NB cooler, different box, and thats about it. Becides the way better looking deep black glossy PCB.

Back