• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

12v and 3.3v rails question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

lilneel12

here are my rails at idle and my rails at load, i have a 510 deluxe. and i up'd the voltages a bit. I was wondering if these are too high or its ok. I havn't measured these with a multimeter, since i don't have one.

thanks

Attachments

• idle.jpg
    idle.jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 76
  • load.jpg
    load.jpg
    21.4 KB · Views: 69
Don't mind SavageBasher, he does that sometimes, I don't think he means anything by it.

You really shouldnt of upped the voltages any without using a multimeter, motherboards usually reprt low votages even though the psu is fine(example: my dads mobo reports 11.4 or so under load when with a multimeter it is 11.8+v), and since your psu is a pcp&c i'm sure they were fine, i'd lever them where they are, and just incase you ask, your vcore fuctuation is normal as alot of motherboards(especially intel, because of their high power demands) don't do a very good job at providing the cpu super stable(no fluctuation) voltage.

i always thought that ppl adjusted the rails and made them a bit over in order to increase their oc and thier stablity. ??

I wouldn't trust software to measure voltages.

Get yourself a multimeter, it's essential in getting the correct readings of your rails.

besides that, i always thought that ppl adjusted the rails and made them a bit over in order to increase their oc and thier stablity. ??

Yes that can help in some cases, but usually only if the psu is not good enough for the equipment in the first place, it is fine though, not too high, atleast acording to MBM5.

Back