• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

NV-68 with chilled water on a 6800gt

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Dukemurmur

I know that I will have to change the poly top to copper (not a big deal) and that I will have to insulate everything but what do you think I will see for temps with -20 water? And what should I get for clocks? On the card?

Hmmm i dunno. isnt that block alum? As for clocks it depends on what you get. If you get the PCI-E version you have a shot at UE speeds, however if you get the AGP version you would wind up with a crippled one <like mine> that cant be flashed to 1.4v

I'd just stick with regular watercooling and just put the radiator outside......same damn thing considering where *you* live lol

LOL about the rad thing that is VERY true sept in the summer...the NV-68 is a copper block...and I plain on getting a PCI-e card...so it should clock rather well...as it would be almost like a prommy was on it...

BTW I ordered the chiller...the nv-68 is on it's way tomorrow...I have a White Water block that should be here tomorrow...then i have to order my pump sometime this week or next...LOL i am making my cooling system before my computer lol...but I am waiting for prices to come down on the parts that i want...

Btw again...will Winnies be fine with the chilled water?...I heard that they don't really even like cold temps...but i guess that i will deal with that or just get a newcastlefor now until the Venice come out...

At this point you might as well go ahead and start putting *some* parts together now. DFI's nforce4 should be here shortly and Venice is quite a ways off. I'd go ahead and atleast get the RAM taken care of as well as your new case / cooling and powersupply

so i guess i have to go newcastle for now...unless there is a fix i have seen some winnes under prommies...

I have case, psu, and cooling coverd :) so now i just need the parts...to fill it lol for ram i was thinking OCZ VX because of the high ram voltages...on the DFI board...unless there is something beter. the ram will also be cooled by the sub-zero water :) (my dream comp is FINALLY starting to come together!!!! lol)

everything i "want" or already have is in my sig...i have the case, hdd's all the cooling stuff but the pump...and i need everything else that is in my sig...

Sentential said:
however if you get the AGP version you would wind up with a crippled one <like mine> that cant be flashed to 1.4v

I'm glad i wasn't the only person who had stability issues on 1.4v with my PNY 6800GT. When you were playing games did your screen go all crazy with lines then restart? Mine did, then i flashed back to 1.3v and never happened again.

With a water-chiller and a Winchester, it's quite easy to make it work. All you need to do is boot up the computer before the chiller drops below zero. Once booted and posted, the chip will run fine at cold temps.

DFI has also claimed to fix the issue, but that has yet to be confirmed.

Thanks

Well there in lyes the problem my water will ALWAYS be pulled down 24\7 so i just have to turn on the comp and that is that...

DamienKC said:
I'm glad i wasn't the only person who had stability issues on 1.4v with my PNY 6800GT. When you were playing games did your screen go all crazy with lines then restart? Mine did, then i flashed back to 1.3v and never happened again.
Yessir

Dude I wouldnt worry a newcastle is fine. Especially at those temps ;)

I just got to thinking about the whole winnie thing (sorry if this is thread crap), but my mach1 doesn't get past -20c for at least 2 mins...and there's no way my pc would take that long to boot...does this mean it would work for me?

DamienKC said:
I just got to thinking about the whole winnie thing (sorry if this is thread crap), but my mach1 doesn't get past -20c for at least 2 mins...and there's no way my pc would take that long to boot...does this mean it would work for me?
just set the boot temp in the software to be +10c or something, then it will get below 0c as its already in windows

Back