• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My 253 cfm Fan Case Mod

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

joshiieeii

My first case mod ever, and I am hooked! heh, I have this 253 cfm fan and I had been trying to strap it to my DD cooling cube. I hunted around Lowe's and found this duct that went from 6" dia. to about 6" square. It was almost what I need, so I had to mod it (joy:D !! heh).
ductside.jpg

After I had the square end the same size as my DD cube, it was time to cut me a hole in the back of my case. I didn't have any power tool to cut my case (college budget here :( ), so I had to use a hack saw. Boy was that fun, NOT!! hehe

Anyway, once I had mounted my duct on my case it was time to figure out how to mount the fan on it. TAPE anyone?? Tape and lots of it was the only way I found to mount this monster fan on my duct. As you can hopefully see by my pics I managed to put some insulation on the sharp edges of the duct.

I used a 7V, 12V, system which really made the fan stealth like at 7V. The 12V mode is a bit jet like, but who cares when you have UT screaming "Double Kill!!"?

Last edited:
Those fans have 235cfm not 253:)
I have 2 of them on my system. My temps are AWESOME
I'm running both of them on my 300watt psu, I'm looking for a 500 or more.

Here's how mine look:)
and it sounds awesome, like a jet starting and shutting down.

Nice photos but how do they sound? Are they louder than a Delta on a Global Win sink?

These things are LOUD!!!!
believe me you won't even know that you ever had a high performance 60mm. I have the delta 38 and I can't hear it at all.

But I love how loud my system is......"it sounds manly:)"

but it pushes some air, I cycle new air in my case every .4 sec.
and when you sit by it you get cold......seriously.

Are you running them 12v or 7v? How different are your temps now with the Comair? Can anyone give me a real world reference for the Comair fan at 7v. Like how it sounds at 7v vs a Delta.

Of course now that I posted the above I decide to check AlanSr's sig! D'oh!

I don't care how many case mods I see, I am always impressed by the creative people that are out there in the overclocking world. I praise goes out to every one of you.:)

I was thinking about getting a couple of fans like that not too long ago, but I never really got around to doing it. I think i might though.

Back