• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Corsair COOL Water

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

PCM0nk3y

Anybody have this system? I'm an extreme noob when it comes to water cooling and I'm looking into the Corsair COOL Water or the Danger Den MAZE4.

I guess my main question would be could I use a Danger Den MAZE4-1 Peltier block with a 226W Peltier with the Corsair COOL Water set up? Or does anybody have any suggestions for a water-cooled kit? around the $300 range

try hanging around a few days and read the stickies .

it would probly help more than asking an open ended question without providing all the needed info

sorry didn't think it was that much of an open-ended question. I've read almost every sticky on the watercooling forum here. My main question has to do with the Corsair COOL Water, hence the title of this thread. Asked about whether the MAZE4-1 Peltier CPU block would work with it (open-ended? I think not) The only open ended question I can see that I asked was if anyone had suggestions for a Water-cooled kit in the $300 (which I was asking for suggestions.) If you need more info just ask me what info is needed rather than telling me that my questions are open-ended. I'm sorry I'm not an expert and I don't know what info you needed to tell me if anybody has the Corsair COOL Water or if it will work with a MAZE4-1 Peltier CPU block.

I'm sorry if this response seems rude, but I don't appreciate it when people criticize posts, if you don't know the answer or have any experience with the parts I mentioned just please don't respond. Thanks for your "input" tho.

Guess since I'm an extreme noob I'll just give up....

Last edited:
Corsair cool water is just a swiftech kit. Same exact kit as:
http://www.swiftnets.com/store/product_details.asp?ProdID=310
Which is pretty good. They use 3/8 ID tubing so if you have a maze4 with 3/8 fittings then sure. But its an open ended question because you didnt say anything about the radiator/fan. The single radiator and quiet 120mm fan that comes with it probably wont handle the load of a large peltier. Sure the block with physically fit but I dunno if the kit can handle the extra heat load. Why buy the kit if you are going to throw away the rad and block it comes with?

If you dont think you are smart enough to build your own system and want to use tecs then just get one of swifty's kits that use tecs:
http://www.swiftnets.com/products/H20-120-T.asp

open-ended? I think not) The only open ended question I can see that I asked was if anyone had suggestions for a Water-cooled kit in the $300

no any time you ask is xx any good ou are asking an open ended question. to close it you have to give ALL your goals. and restraints. you started with budget which is good but you didnt finish with what is aproximate for your hearing vs performance vs space constraints

when asking about cooling you should include
1 budget(you got this)
2 space (usualy in the form of what case do oyu have or want or will buy)
3 how much noise is good for you compared to how much performance( this takes the form of acceptable ratios and higher ratios cost more money and space)
4 your ablity to obtain and use tools to make your own system
5 time constraints
6 misc.

if you list these things it helps us to better understand exactly what you want for a more tailored system.

it seems like a lot when you are just asking" is this any good "type questions but its the only way WE can make any kind of fair comparison

PCM0nk3y said:
Anybody have this system? I'm an extreme noob when it comes to water cooling and I'm looking into the Corsair COOL Water or the Danger Den MAZE4.

I guess my main question would be could I use a Danger Den MAZE4-1 Peltier block with a 226W Peltier with the Corsair COOL Water set up? Or does anybody have any suggestions for a water-cooled kit? around the $300 range

The Cool water is composed of high-quality, sourced parts. So no worries there. The only shortcoming I can see is that it uses 3/8 ID tubing, this only because I prefer 1/2 ID. You also need to buy a video block seperate, if you want one that is.

As far as TEC's, I've never used one. The complications inherent in them just never seemed worth it to me.

Edit: This is, of course, just my opinion, but the OP is new. As such, he MAY not know the right questions to ask. To me, lambasting him for not phrasing his query just right isn't a necessary part of helping him get started.

Last edited:
thorilan said:
no any time you ask is xx any good ou are asking an open ended question. to close it you have to give ALL your goals. and restraints. you started with budget which is good but you didnt finish with what is aproximate for your hearing vs performance vs space constraints

when asking about cooling you should include
1 budget(you got this)
2 space (usualy in the form of what case do oyu have or want or will buy)
3 how much noise is good for you compared to how much performance( this takes the form of acceptable ratios and higher ratios cost more money and space)
4 your ablity to obtain and use tools to make your own system
5 time constraints
6 misc.

if you list these things it helps us to better understand exactly what you want for a more tailored system.

it seems like a lot when you are just asking" is this any good "type questions but its the only way WE can make any kind of fair comparison

not to be a jerk but where did I ever ask if something was good? I asked if anybody had the system, didn't ask if it was good just looking for some personal experience with the system. And then I asked if anybody has suggestions (which I should have clarified my situation) SO here goes: I have a Thermaltake Xaser V case with no 120MM fans. I don't have any time constraints, I could probably build my own system, BUT I don't have all the no how which is why I was looking into a kit. Right now I'm seriously looking into the Swiftech H20-120 Rev 3 kit and getting a Rad Box to keep some space in my case. Only thing about sound is that it's more quiet than my current set up which it should be because I can take off ATLEAST 2 or my 7 case fans. I have 1 blowing on the top of my heat sink, one on the heat sink blowing towards the exhaust fan and I wouldn't need those 2 fans if I went water cooled. And those fans are a 90MM full speed on the top and an 80 MM fullspeed on the actual heatsink itself.

PCM0nk3y said:
Right now I'm seriously looking into the Swiftech H20-120 Rev 3 kit and getting a Rad Box to keep some space in my case.

Check this out:

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applicat...&Sku=C13-8002&SRCCODE=GOOPROD&CMP=OTC-FROOGLE

$189 from Tiger Direct for the COOL Water. It's a Rev 3 WITH a Radbox, painted black and green. That should save you quite a bit. I'm not much of a kit person myself, but if I were to get one, that'd be the way to go. You may want to consider buying another 120mm radiator and fan though. 2 120mm fans vs 1 120mm fan on my system is a 5C difference. It's well worth it.

WC kit

PcMonkey is not the only one new to WC. I undertook my first WC project a couple of weeks ago. I went with the Swiftech h20-220 kit from FrozenCPU.com. They had the best price I could find anywhere. Being new at this, the kit was helpful in that it had great instructions, and the Swiftech parts are obviously made with quality in mind. I added a VC cooler for my 6800GT, and then went back and added two hd water coolers from perfomance-pcs.com (also very good). The kit worked well as I don't have one of these huge cases that I see posted so often in this forum. Mine is a basic mid tower case with 4-5.25" bays. I built a Rad box to mount the radiator onto the back of my case. I may or may be able to squeeze the absolute last c out of the system, but running at 38c (down from 52c with air) as I am typing this with my hard drives 7c also lower and very little noise is a pretty good deal to me. And the kit looks neat. My wife would freak if my computer looked like some of the monsters I see people post pics of.

It makes sense to ask the question as to what you purpose is. For me, I was just tired of all of the noise, and wanted lower temps to extend the life of my hardware. I achieved both goals for about $250. From what I read, the peltier cooling is only for extreme overclocking. My CPU temps at stock levels under load is only 42-43c. That leaves me a lot of headroom to overclock if I want to. I hope this helps.

Here is a pic of my system if if helps with mounting ideas http://www.ocforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=38703

as to the tecs... you won't get off easy with them, not with a kit or no and they need some tender care, research and work.

swiftechs are pretty though. anyways, just get a proper setup and you can look into teccing it later if you still feel like it and have researched the area some more.

Back