Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Well, what is she doing on this computer? Is she gaming, or just using it for work. You can save her a great deal of money, build a computer for <350$ that will do everything except games fine.

shes going to do everything except video-editing....at the moment....she says she "knows some programming code" (yea i am sure honey) but other than that nothing hard core

hrmm, well in that case I guess your selection is rather good for the cost..

Other than the mention of the PSU there, I would change out the CDRW to a liteon 52x (sold at both newegg and zipzoomfly for 28$). Its the best CD burner available today.

Just for the hell of it, he is the cheap 350$ systems I build for workstations. I find them very stable. I mustve built close to 100 last year, just of this configuration(or very close to it) They are not for doing any serious work though.

CPU:
    Sempron 2200+-2400+ 60$-65$
    MSI Km4am-V 58$
    Corsair 256MB PC3200 40$
    WD 40GB 7200 rpm w/cable 55$
    SLK3700AMB w/350w 70$
    Liteon CDRW 30$
    Floppy 15$

Logitech keyboard and optical mouse usually cost 25$ or so...

Up until a short while ago I was putting AXP's in it.. but they have risen in price quite a lot. You can probably do better than the slk3700 w/ 350.. maybe get a fortron psu, in a cheap case.. but for the extra 30$, I like the slk3700 case from antec.

Here you go 3DDR slots

EPOX EP-8KDA3I It has everything you need with 3 DDR slots NF3 socket 754 and saved you money. Then get that stick of rosewill 512 pc3200 , and everybody goes home happy .

Remeber boys and girls fold You're life could depend on it

MassRaptor
    Heatware
    I7 920 @ 3.3
    ASUS R2E
    6 Gig Corsair
    GTX 580 Refrence
    2x 74 gig 15k SCSI Raid 0
    OCZ GOLD 850
    FOLDING FOR TEAM 32

Quote Originally Posted by nicknomo
    hrmm, well in that case I guess your selection is rather good for the cost..

Other than the mention of the PSU there, I would change out the CDRW to a liteon 52x (sold at both newegg and zipzoomfly for 28$). Its the best CD burner available today.

Just for the hell of it, he is the cheap 350$ systems I build for workstations. I find them very stable. I mustve built close to 100 last year, just of this configuration(or very close to it) They are not for doing any serious work though.

CPU:
    Sempron 2200+-2400+ 60$-65$
    MSI Km4am-V 58$
    Corsair 256MB PC3200 40$
    WD 40GB 7200 rpm w/cable 55$
    SLK3700AMB w/350w 70$
    Liteon CDRW 30$
    Floppy 15$

Logitech keyboard and optical mouse usually cost 25$ or so...

Up until a short while ago I was putting AXP's in it.. but they have risen in price quite a lot. You can probably do better than the slk3700 w/ 350.. maybe get a fortron psu, in a cheap case.. but for the extra 30$, I like the slk3700 case from antec.
    that'd be good for a socket a...the one i never made because i downloaded republican commando and then i bought EQ2....i'll just fiund those parts and send her the list....i would change the processor to a athlon though, because socket a wise i might sell her mine for cheap

Its as cheap as you can get right now..

As for the athlons I was using them up until December. They are hard to find cheaply nowadays... The Semprons are dirt cheap... Its a small performance hit, but costs less.

In some places though, they havent cost adjusted the prices yet... You might be able to find a few sites with overstocks of AXP's... get them almost the same price.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2