• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What do you guys think? (new system setup)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Well, what is she doing on this computer? Is she gaming, or just using it for work. You can save her a great deal of money, build a computer for <350$ that will do everything except games fine.

shes going to do everything except video-editing....at the moment....she says she "knows some programming code" (yea i am sure honey) but other than that nothing hard core

hrmm, well in that case I guess your selection is rather good for the cost..

Other than the mention of the PSU there, I would change out the CDRW to a liteon 52x (sold at both newegg and zipzoomfly for 28$). Its the best CD burner available today.

Just for the hell of it, he is the cheap 350$ systems I build for workstations. I find them very stable. I mustve built close to 100 last year, just of this configuration(or very close to it) They are not for doing any serious work though.

CPU:
Sempron 2200+-2400+ 60$-65$
MSI Km4am-V 58$
Corsair 256MB PC3200 40$
WD 40GB 7200 rpm w/cable 55$
SLK3700AMB w/350w 70$
Liteon CDRW 30$
Floppy 15$

Logitech keyboard and optical mouse usually cost 25$ or so...

Up until a short while ago I was putting AXP's in it.. but they have risen in price quite a lot. You can probably do better than the slk3700 w/ 350.. maybe get a fortron psu, in a cheap case.. but for the extra 30$, I like the slk3700 case from antec.

Here you go 3DDR slots

EPOX EP-8KDA3I It has everything you need with 3 DDR slots NF3 socket 754 and saved you money. :beer: Then get that stick of rosewill 512 pc3200 , and everybody goes home happy :D .

Remeber boys and girls fold :attn: You're life could depend on it :-/

MassRaptor

nicknomo said:
hrmm, well in that case I guess your selection is rather good for the cost..

Other than the mention of the PSU there, I would change out the CDRW to a liteon 52x (sold at both newegg and zipzoomfly for 28$). Its the best CD burner available today.

Just for the hell of it, he is the cheap 350$ systems I build for workstations. I find them very stable. I mustve built close to 100 last year, just of this configuration(or very close to it) They are not for doing any serious work though.

CPU:
Sempron 2200+-2400+ 60$-65$
MSI Km4am-V 58$
Corsair 256MB PC3200 40$
WD 40GB 7200 rpm w/cable 55$
SLK3700AMB w/350w 70$
Liteon CDRW 30$
Floppy 15$

Logitech keyboard and optical mouse usually cost 25$ or so...

Up until a short while ago I was putting AXP's in it.. but they have risen in price quite a lot. You can probably do better than the slk3700 w/ 350.. maybe get a fortron psu, in a cheap case.. but for the extra 30$, I like the slk3700 case from antec.

that'd be good for a socket a...the one i never made because i downloaded republican commando and then i bought EQ2....i'll just fiund those parts and send her the list....i would change the processor to a athlon though, because socket a wise i might sell her mine for cheap

Its as cheap as you can get right now..

As for the athlons I was using them up until December. They are hard to find cheaply nowadays... The Semprons are dirt cheap... Its a small performance hit, but costs less.

In some places though, they havent cost adjusted the prices yet... You might be able to find a few sites with overstocks of AXP's... get them almost the same price.

Back