• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Spacers????

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

-=HN=- Wild9

i have a celeron 900mhz cpu with a heatsink, would you reccomend that i get a spacer to use before i mount the heatsink to the chip, its a socket 370.

hmm it depends on a few things. the coppermine cores are pretty tough. if your heatsink clamps down really tight i would think about it.

i think my alpha pal 6035 has just about the perfect level of pressure and its really unneccesary.

kewl, i got a thermaltake volcano III that they gave me with the proccesor, it worked fine getting it on there but i did about crap my pants when my screwdriver slipped twice getting it on there,
then i booted the comp and got nothing ohhhh then i got really scared, i thought i really messed up big time, put my old one cpu back in and it worked, then reseated the celeron very carefullly put the heatsink on and viola it booted and i went to wipe.

Back