Thread: my small foray

Senior Headphone Guru

my small foray

i've had a few different distros of Linux... tried them all.... couldn't quite get my teeth wrapped around them... Then found BeOS5. Yeah, i know, tis not the best... but i like it. It reminds me a lot of when i used to run a Powermac 65k YEARS ago... and had mac os 7.9 on it. its so similar... it felt like an old friend...

anyone else here use BeOS 5? i'm thinkin' of gettin' a laptop and making it one of the alternative os's, and i have a copy of BeOS 5 sitting here. any suggestions?

What type of computer are you running it on? The site says it won't boot on anything that supports the SSE instruction set or has 1GB of RAM, unless you use a developer or max version.
    How does it perform overall? I've wanted to try it to see what it is like, but I don't want to mess up my Linux install.
    Main: Athlon 2 X3 435, 4GB Crucial Ballistix Tracer DDR3, Asus M4A785TD-V evo mobo, HD4200 graphics, stock cooling, Seasonic S12II Bronze 520w psu
    Laptop: HP Pavilion dv5000, Turion64 ML-37, 1GB RAM, Xpress 200M graphics, 80GB hdd, XP MCE 2005
    Folding for T32

Senior Headphone Guru
    i've run it perfectly fine on every AMD system i've owned (including this current one), and i've got a friend with a PIV laptop (2.8ghz 512mb ram, has SSE) and it runs perfectly on it as well.

only problems i've had are drivers.... its frickin' hard to get the sound card drivers to work

It doesn't work for me. Which version do you have and where did you download it from? The one I downloaded (from bebits) just starts to load then reboots.
    Main: Athlon 2 X3 435, 4GB Crucial Ballistix Tracer DDR3, Asus M4A785TD-V evo mobo, HD4200 graphics, stock cooling, Seasonic S12II Bronze 520w psu
    Laptop: HP Pavilion dv5000, Turion64 ML-37, 1GB RAM, Xpress 200M graphics, 80GB hdd, XP MCE 2005
    Folding for T32

Senior Headphone Guru
    i got mine off of a friend. if you want, i can work out a way for you to get a copy of the cd. just PM me