• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Someone from India wants to buy my vid card off ebay

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dreIU

And I'm scared...

How much will you charge for shipping to india ? I shall send u payment in paypal funds , Let me know the best price u can offer . Thanks

he/she will use paypal, so does it mean it's safe? My auction was set for US only. What do you guys t hink? I'm scared because all those international scams that may still be going on.

Thanks

Brundle Fly said:
How much do you trust "PayPal"? That's the question. :confused:

I've really never had problems with it. What's the worse that could happen? A hijacked account? Then the original owners of the account would get their money back and I would be left without a video card. I remeber this happened to a meber here with a laptop. I sure wouldnt want to go throught that :(

Besides, it appears that USPS doesnt ship to India (I checked to see hou much it would be via ebay's shipping calculator, and India was not on the list). So I should turn him down then.

I'd turn him down, is the hassle really going to be worth it to you? You'll get a bite on this side of the pond, wait for that, easier to deal with all the way around. No offence to our friends in India, but that's a huge hassle to go through with. :bang head

Brundle Fly said:
I'd turn him down, is the hassle really going to be worth it to you? You'll get a bite on this side of the pond, wait for that, easier to deal with all the way around. No offence to our friends in India, but that's a huge hassle to go through with. :bang head

I agree. Perhaps if the guy from India agreed to pay with a International Certified check I'd consider it, but I wouldn't ship until the certified check cleared my bank.

Brundle Fly said:

thaks for the advice man. i appreciate it :)

edit: oh god, I didnt even realize that this guy doesnt have any ebay rating, so that would be foolish for me to go through with this.

edit2: thanks for the input SSS

Back