• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Stupid lag!!!!!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Jacobman

Alright here is my problem, i play games and they will get jittery all of the sudden. I do not know why like in UT2004 the guy will jump and it will get jittery . It is not a problem with my frames, and my 3d mark scores are good so whats up?

it is lag as u said? nothing ui can do about it - no one can control their internet conneciton once it leaves your ISP - once u actually get out "to" the internet many thing can cause the conneciton to that server to stink.

could also be that person has a crappy connection, like a 56k

just got to live with it.

First thing to do before contacting the ISP is make sure your system is spyware free...I just went through this last night...somehow got the this new spyware (mobsys.exe) that I could not get rid of not even with a repair...and whats bad is...as soon as you deleted everything including all reg file tied to the spyware...it was reinstalled within in 5 seconds...no joke...whatever this new spyware is...it is very nasty and really sucks the bandwidth up...I was down to less then 500mb up and 12 down...normally I am 3MB+ up and 300+ down...

Now the scarrey part...I had to end up formatting the HDD 4 times before any fresh install was uneffected by that spyware...

But this is what I get for running without my firewalls (forgot to install them) for a few hours on the net...

Your IPS wont do a darn thing about it as it is not liekly them.

What people do not understand - your ISP is ONLY responsible for the connection from your House into their Servers - once your on the internet - it is not liekly your ISP at fualt, but another.

Find the IP on the server u play on

Open a dos window and type in

tracert [address]

and what all the other ISP server you go through to get to that server - any server with a high "ms" is the culprit.

first 3-4 are your ISP - last 3 are the server's ISP - anything in between is other ISP's.

Since when does lag have a sexual orentation?

I've changed your title accordingly. Please be more careful when selecting titles for future threads.

Try this

There is Trace route utility can run at PCPitStop
Just install the software that will prompt you to install and run the trace route.If its your'e ISP their servers will show huge packet loss and or non response time which are both bad :( .
Remeber boys and girls fold :attn: You're life could depend on it :-/

Ive found out what the problem is, it is my crappy switch-box. I am now using this little 5port microsoft scum thing, compaired to my usual 24port BenQ super fast switch-box. And the problems didnt happen until i started using this microsoft one, which i am using because my friend has mine.

And it is not my connection i get a downstream of 1300kbs and an up of 368kbs, and it is not the other player either. I found this out because 3of3 comps had the same stupid lag and all of them good ones to.

Jacobman said:
No whats that?

Open cmd box, type in "tracert xx.xx.xx.xxx"

Replace the x's with a game server ip (or google.com, or whatever) and hit enter, it will give you the time in ms that it takes to send packets to each hop on your network, and the other servers outside your network that your packets travel through to reach any given server. If you have high numbers (100+ generally) within the first 3-4 hops, you have crap connection for online gaming :beer: I don't play with ping greater than 75ms myself, takes away from the real fun, i'm weird like that.

Back