• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

3000 winnie and this ram run fine?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
You are good to go.

Supports dual channel DDR 266/333/400, using four 184-pin DDR DIMMs .
• Supports a maximum memory size up to 4GB without ECC.
• Supports 2.5v DDR SDRAM DIMM.

Corsair Value Select Dual Channel Kit 184 Pin 1G(512MBx2) DDR PC-3200 - Retail

Model# VS1GBKIT400C3
Item # N82E16820145480
Specifications:
Manufacturer: Corsair
Speed: DDR400(PC3200)
Type: 184 Pin DDR SDRAM
Error Checking: Non-ECC
Registered/Unbuffered: Unbuffered
Cas Latency: 3
Support Voltage: 2.5V
Bandwidth: 3.2GB/s
Organization: two 64M x 64 -Bit
Warranty: Lifetime

Alrighty thats what i like to hear, another question how does this 3000 winnie compair to the Intel 3.0E, im hoping you will say that it crushes it...lol

Well this is the AMD section so yes it Crushes it! With a good overclock you will kill any P4 in gaming. P4 are still nice for some apps(optimized to run on intel chips) but hey you will be please especially if you run 64bit OS.

those are nice rams but are they gonna hit high speed? i'm doubting that they are going over 220mhz even with high votage. Alot of people have been discussing the issue with high speed rams @ 1:1 and low speed rams with a divider, the result are showing that it doesn't really matter much because A64 impliment ondie memery control, but on "some" applications, the faster rams really shines, so i'm suggesting that you go the safer way and pick up some highspeed ram, you can always go slower with high speed ram, but you can't go faster with low speed rams. And they are about the same price, i just picked up 2 sticks of geil today 512 X 2 PC4000 for 160 at my local fry for 160, not much more than what you've listed.

so far all the test shows that with a 70% more ram speed it only round out to be a ~10% increase overall, that's not exactly great (i should even say that it's bad, i was expecting 20% increase in performance), and these results are calculated by sandra, and games FPS. the only thing that's been taking a major hit from the low speed rams is winrar and winzip, the higher speed ram has a major increase in the performance with these. Well good luck, i got my sticks and i'm ok with them, i hope you can get a better deal on those, the value rams are normally a little lower priced than the one you've listed.

PS: so we can generally say that packing/unpacking program will be good with higher rams speed, so if you do alot of that (extracting ISO, winrars and stuff) then higher ram helps.

Last edited:
if that geil was samsung chips I will be pissed for me happy for you that you got them for 160.

Back