• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

kayls Autocascade

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

kayl

Ok its done what can i say im rapped with this single stage cooler.
autocascade first stage -28c and second stage -72c all done with one compressor. :mad:

Attachments

• -72c.jpg
    -72c.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 373
Last edited:
....holy **** :eek: I didnt even think its possible to get it that low on a single stage. most pplz at those temps are using modified 3 and 4 stage cascades

and the final pressures they are like single stage pressures

Attachments

• pressure.jpg
    pressure.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 361
Sentential said:
God damn....what's the fire estinguisher for? lol

thanxs guys.
hehe
Sentential that is cause i :beer: have a little accident and well sorta burn something :temper:

holy mother of jebus are you trying to give your poor little barton frostbite.
all that on one compressor, that is amazing.
that thing looks evil, but in a good way.

~Magick_Man~

Exactly.
Idea of normalcascade is pretty simple (it's ahrd to make tho), but autocascade really fascinates me - how's that going to work on single compressor...

L337 M33P said:
What gases you using?

first stage gas is bbq propane and second stage is co2.

Ven0m said:
It looks really cool, pretty similar to berkut's autocascade.
Can you describe how it works?
and -72*C :clap:

ok you have a mix of c02 and bbz propane(r290) that leaves the compressor discharge and goes to the condenser. then this enters a phase separator (map gas bottle) liquid r290 at room temp condenses into liquid r290 along with the oil at the bottom of thephase sep and exits the bottom and then travels to the hx where it evaporates and cools the hx to -32c. this then travels back to compressor.
back to the phase separator. now co2 at room temp can’t condense into a liquid at this pressure/ temperature, so it travels out the top of the phase separator. this then travels to the hx where is is cooled and can condense into a liquid and travel to the dd evap and evaporate to cool the dd evap to -72.2c.
the c02 then returns via the suction line back through the hx to help cool the hx some more, (the suction line temp is -47c before a suction line hx was added, so this cold is taken advantage of to help cool the hx, without the suction line hx is difficult for the hx to pull temps down to even 0c, once It goes below 0c temps fall a lot quicker in the hx.
Without the suction line hx all the r290 gas goes to the dd evap instead of the hx and it has trouble getting cold.
to the compressor and the cycles repeats over and over.

Yes my autocascade is similar to berkuts, but I did 3 revisions trying different ideas, from my findings I think this is best way to build autocasccade which so happens to like berkuts, but I have research and know why it needs to be done this way., I may incorporate some of the ideas into my cascade.

Last edited:
magick_man said:
holy mother of jebus are you trying to give your poor little barton frostbite.
all that on one compressor, that is amazing.
that thing looks evil, but in a good way.

~Magick_Man~
thanx :santa:

nothing has happened, i use it one day if i eva get a fire.
i was trying to get co2 fire extingisher to use the gas from it in an autocascade.
i got the white chemical one though, it cant be used as a refrigerant (didnt know at the time) so i couldnt use it.
in the end i just got a bottle of co2 and a regulator, much easier.

BIG thanks for explaination. It's too complicated for me to understand right now, but I'll try to translate it and draw and do other stuff - it really puzzles me.

Your cooling looks really great. Berkut had some problems with his cascade and temps werent't as good as yours.

After 3rd reading I think I'm starting to get it - pretty briliant. It seems tobe way more complex than normal 2-compressor cascade. Sweet rig :drool:

thanks guys, yeah man_utd its for xtreme compertition
venom does this help

Attachments

• autocascade drawing.jpg
    autocascade drawing.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 427
Back