• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

input on radeon 9550 . . .

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Tazon

ok, it is an old card, but here in argentina we are always a couple generations behind.
suddenly the market is flooded with these boards here, and some people claim it can be flashed to an 9600XT. what can you guys tell me about this board?

emilio

It depends on what 9550. Some are just flashed 9600xt's, some have 9600pro cores and some are just plain old 9600 cores. They have 64bit or 128bit ram, and there is no set clock specification on them. Basicly, before you buy, check and see what kind of overclocks people are getting with that particular card, and make SURE its 128bit.

how can i check what core and if it's 128bit on the board, wihtout having to connect it to a PC? is there some code i can read?

emilio

You can only flash it to a 9600 pro because of the ram. See if there are four pieces of ram on the front of the board and that there are no empty spots where ram could go.

dont flash it without first making sure it can overclock or you may fry the ram. How much are those priced? If the price isnt good look elsewhere

Back