• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

what can i do with this card? r9100

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Tazon

ok, so this is my video card, an old piece of crap some would say, yet it is all i got. i have plans to upgrade a little, but first i would like to know what can be done with this card. can i flash it to something else, anyone knows how far i could overclock it? it is BBA so i guess it's got good stuff inside, and has a stock cooler with a very flat heatsink.

emilio

You can
  • Overclock it
  • Mod the cooling
  • Voltmod it
  • Replace it(Best option) :D

There is no real reason to BIOS flash this card.....sorry :-/

I suggest you replace it and give it to me :D. The 9100 isn't such a bad card, it's got a full Radeon 8500 core, not the crippled 9000 and 9200 core. It has lower clocks than the 8500 though....which would probably mean good core overclocking. Recently venders have taken to putting crap ram on them though, what is it at stock? It is supposed to be 250/250.

yes it's 250/250. you have an x700pro and want my 9100? what's left for me? g4?
i guess i'll overclock it and see if i get some real solid extra FPS out of it. i don't care for 3dmarkXX, i just want HL2 to play better

EDIT: if you're still in the mood to help me with my poor card, this is a problem i'm having in HL2: http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?t=364317

I don't have my x700pro yet...its in the mail. But, I need video cards for my other pc's, I have family members who like to game, and a 64bit 5200 just does not have the power.

I still run an 8500LE (exactly the same, 250/250) in my workstation.

Back