• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

DFI NF4 DR-SLI in the labratory!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

krag

Classifieds Moderator
I just got my board today. I have not installed it yet due to the lack of the recommended 24 pin PSU (comin on Thur.) but I inserted my 2 6800 U's to see how good the clearance is between them. It doesn't look to good for air flow. :rolleyes: I also have 2 NV5 silencers setting here and there has been some lengthy discussion at extreme about whether they will fit or not. I think I'mm gonna go head and try later to see if they will fit.

Attachments

• DSCF0538.JPG
    DSCF0538.JPG
    55.1 KB · Views: 1,736
the edges of both cards are resting on the face of the southbridge cooler.

Attachments

• DSCF0539.JPG
    DSCF0539.JPG
    42.1 KB · Views: 1,720
I had to call PC&P today to change to a 24 pin SLI PS after I ordered a Delux by mistake for an Ultra-D. Must say their CS was really crappy, I was surprised.

This should be pretty cool when you get this all setup Krag:D

El<(')>Maxi said:
I had to call PC&P today to change to a 24 pin SLI PS after I ordered a Delux by mistake for an Ultra-D. Must say their CS was really crappy, I was surprised.

Yeah, its killing me to have to wait until Thur. for my 24 pin PSU! :confused: :cry:

But, its better to wait and do it right instead of screwing up something and then have to wait longer for the parts to arrive.

@shard...as far as I know it will. I have read on some forum that it will, I just can't remeber which one that i read it at. I plan on putting my trusty XP-90 on it.

krag said:
Yeah, its killing me to have to wait until Thur. for my 24 pin PSU! :confused: :cry:\
Could be worse. Mine came today and the only part I have ready for it is the PSU. My 6800GT (just one for now) was ordered on Saturday and I still have to order the CPU. I'll need a bit of luck to be working on my new project over the weekend. I put my LPUT back on water today to free up my Mach II for some NF4 action. Excited? A little. :)

To my surprise the 510D SLI is actually quieter than the regular 510D I had a few months ago. The volume is actually more bearable than the older model. Excellent stuff.

btw Krag, looks like you're gonna have to use onboard lan and sound since there doesnt seem to be space for them after the heatsinks. And damn that stock NB cooling is an eyesore.

El<(')>Maxi said:

They're local to me, and i've been out there before, they seemed really helpful/nice then, maybe you caught someone on a bad day. The PSU will make up for it though :p

situman said:
To my surprise the 510D SLI is actually quieter than the regular 510D I had a few months ago. The volume is actually more bearable than the older model. Excellent stuff.

Thats good news, this 510-D is stinkin' loud. And, yeah...I'll be using the onboard sound & LAN...not worried about the LAN as much as the onboard sound.

It actually looks pretty beefy for an onboard sound solution.

Attachments

• DSCF0541.JPG
    DSCF0541.JPG
    59.2 KB · Views: 1,665
Its a seperate small PCB that you plug into 12 pin mobo header.

Attachments

• DSCF0546 (Small).JPG
    DSCF0546 (Small).JPG
    47.5 KB · Views: 1,663
hi_its_ryan said:
:/ monarch has an ETA of March 1 for this thing. this totally blows.

Dang bro! you're right, no one has this board now. Makes me fell good that swooped it when I did.

Check out this thread about a online Tiwan dealer who ships to the USA. One of the forum bros got his yesterday from them. But it looks like they don't even have them until Feb. 18th.

El<(')>Maxi said:

Bro, yer gonna drool all over your self when I post pics of my PCP&C 510 SLI! I bought it at performance-pcs.com and had them blue UV sleeve and UV plug it! wOOOOt! :attn:

Whats even more killer is this from thier website....
The warranty for this power supply is 5 years from PC Power and Cooling. Performance PC's workmanship has been certified as Grade A by PC Power and Cooling and therefore we can now offer you their fully warranty on our modified power supply. We are very pleased to receive this certification and to offer you this very fine product customized to your wishes.

So those video cards are both video cards are sitting on the NB cooler? Does that mean that fitting a passive heatsink like the Zalman NB cooler onto the NB is impossible?

Radical said:
So those video cards are both video cards are sitting on the NB cooler? Does that mean that fitting a passive heatsink like the Zalman NB cooler onto the NB is impossible?

Yeap! Its a no-go-bro! :-/

Back