• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

9600xt Problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

cack01

I'm trying to get my 9600XT to work. I've attached two screens that show what I get in Doom 3 and 3DMark 2005 (test 1).

Card is clocked at core: 126 and Mem:126.
I lowered them to the level above to see if it was a heat issue, but the problems are exactly the same. I have also added some AS3 to the heatsink.

I have tried multiple ATI drivers, but the Omega drivers seem to work best. (They actually let me get past the intro to Doom 3)

I have downloaded DX9 demos from ATI's website and they work/display perfectly.

I have tried AGP 4X & 8X and turning fast writes on and off. 5V and 3.3V are 100% stable under load. 12V gets as low as 11.75 but thats it.
I'm pretty much out of ideas.

Any help/ideas would be great.
thanks, cack01

Attachments

• problempic2.jpg
    problempic2.jpg
    10.1 KB · Views: 60
  • untitled.jpg
    untitled.jpg
    79.2 KB · Views: 60
Card is clocked at core: 126 and Mem:126.

thats your problem, I dont know why its underclocked so low but stock is 500/300

@ overclocker550 I underclocked that far to make sure its not a heat problem. But your post made me realize that for some reason when I click on the bios defaults, the card is clocked at 400/200. Trying to clock it at 500/300 causes a VPU crash and/or 3DMark to crash when I open it.

@ crimedog The person who gave me the card said it has already been sent back once and ATI said there was nothing wrong with it. Something tells me that all they did was boot up into windows.

Is there a chance that I have a messed up bios on my card. I can't think of any other reason that the core and mem stock speeds are so low. Also I have been unable to enable overdrive on in the CCC, or get temps in any program.

ATI tool detects a RV360 core (I have checked the core itself and it is a 9600xt) yet I seem to have none of the benefits and am stuck with a slow 9600 pro that does not even work.

Back