• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

3.0E @ 3.9 on air!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ZPHATZ

Registered
I was bored so I decided to maxed out my CPU. Well got to 3.9 and booted into Windows but not stable :p . I think it's my POS 350 psu that came with my case. If I got a better PSU(Fortron) with 500w then I can stay at 3.9 without the reboot :). Right now I'm leaving it at 3.8 without any problem. I didn't run prime95 to test it yet though. Here is the snapshot.

3.9.JPG

ZPHATZ said:
If I got a better PSU(Fortron) with 500w then I can stay at 3.9 without the reboot :).[/IMG]

Personally, I would get the OCZ since it has adjsutable pots for the 3.3v and +5 and +12 lines...plus a nice set of lights on the PSU that tells you if your rails are within specs without having to use a MM or windows based program...

These are much better then any fortons...and just slightly under a PC&C...

Fortron does have adjustable pots also. However, you have to open the case to do that. I have the Fortron Blue Storm 400W, and I am very happy with it.

DadofMany said:
I like the P43.0 E they seem to overclock pretty well . By the way what temps are you getting

At 3.0 it idles at 29C, MB is 25C, at 3.8 it idles between 33C to 35C, MB is 27C. I didn't get underload temp yet. I lapped the SP-94 and used as5 on it.

bah i wish i had a chip like that to freeze then maybe i could get a better fsb stable than 270 and get more out of my memory.

nice results though especially for air seen alot of people with water and a 3.2e not be able to get that high.

hawtrawkr said:
bah i wish i had a chip like that to freeze then maybe i could get a better fsb stable than 270 and get more out of my memory.

nice results though especially for air seen alot of people with water and a 3.2e not be able to get that high.

When I got the Kingston valueram, I can't go above 3.6 . Now with the ADATA hyperram it helps my OC alots. I can't wait to get a better PSU because right now my 12V rail is so low. It never reaches 12V.

hawtrawkr said:
are you measuring it with a multi meter or through a windows based utility?
I did it thru windows base utility. My current psu is a generic 350W, So fore sure the 12V and other rails are not that good :) . I just got a Sparkle FSP400 for cheap so I will be using that.

ZPHATZ said:
I did it thru windows base utility. My current psu is a generic 350W, So fore sure the 12V and other rails are not that good :) . I just got a Sparkle FSP400 for cheap so I will be using that.

whats the 12v rail amp rating on those? i had one of the fortron 530s but i had to upgrade to the powerstream im using now for a beefier 12v rail. course that was with it oced quite a bit and at the time i had my 6800gt running off it too which makes for alot of power consumption between that and my prescott.

hawtrawkr said:
whats the 12v rail amp rating on those? i had one of the fortron 530s but i had to upgrade to the powerstream im using now for a beefier 12v rail. course that was with it oced quite a bit and at the time i had my 6800gt running off it too which makes for alot of power consumption between that and my prescott.
Here they are:

+3.3 = 24A
+5 = 35A
+12 = 12A

As you can see it's pretty bad with the 12v rail. It never stay at 12A, always somewhere between 11.7 to 11.8 .

ZPHATZ said:
Here they are:

+3.3 = 24A
+5 = 35A
+12 = 12A

As you can see it's pretty bad with the 12v rail. It never stay at 12A, always somewhere between 11.7 to 11.8 .

i cant help but think you wouldnt be able to get some more stable mhz out of that cpu with a psu with a stronger 12v rating from everything ive read the minumum recomended amps on the 12vrail is 18a.

also the 11.7 to 11.8 your seeing is most likely the 12v rail voltage as read by the utility your using.

if you have access to a multimeter it would be nice if you could check the rails with your cpu idle and under a load. the amount of voltage drop you see on the meter would give more of a indication if its your psu thats holding your oc back or not. if youve never used a mm to check voltages on a psu it isnt very hard you can check the 12v rail on the molex lines to see if its droping or not. using the multimeter is a much more accurate way to check a psu output compared to using utlities and programs within windows to do so as they tend to leave accuracy behind and often times wont even show you the fluxuations you see with the multimeter or will show you fluxuations when the mm says there arent any.

Back