• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

PCI Alternative to SoundStorm!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

voodoomelon

EDIT: If you want to buy this card, it is currently only available through eBay and Overclockers.co.uk, who now stock the HDA Digital X-Mystique 7.1 card for £58.69 / €86 / $112.

Here is the link:
eBay link

Hey all.
I'm not sure whether this has been posted before, but very recently HiTec, a Korean Company has released the Digital X-Mystique 7.1 GOLD PCI sound card, that supports, wait for it, Dolby Digital Live, real time encoding previously only supported by the Soundstorm chipset.

BH824_box_x_mystique_birdview_image_01.jpg

BH824_1st_chapter_image_01.jpg

XM71GOLD_BOX_CONTENTS.jpg

The card is only retailing at $69, whereas the "Powerpack" version is expected to cost $165; it includes an external decoder.

From what I can make out, it has very limited availability.

Specs:
Features:
- Full-duplex 8CH DAC/2CH ADC
- Supports 96K/24bit playback; 48K/16bit recording
- CE level high-quality Signal-to-Noise Ratio (SNR)~ 100dB
- Integrated S/PDIF transmitter supports 44.1k/48k/96KHz sample-rate and 16/24bits resolution
- PCI Rev. 2.2 compliant with bus mastering modes
- Supports the latest Dolby® Digital EX and DTS ®ES 6.1/7.1CH DVD soundtrack playback
- Two S/PDIF inputs for optical and coaxial connectors individually
- Built-in earphone buffer at front-out pings(32 loading)
- One GPIO (General purpose I/O) support
- External EEPROM Interface for SID R/W purpose
- Supports MPU401 MIDI UART port
- DirectSound™ 3 HW acceleration
- ACPI compliant power down management
- Zoomed Video Port support
- Industrial standard 128-lead QFP package
- Pin-to-Pin compatible with CMI8738 series
- Digital power = 3.3V & 5V, Analog power = 5V

Valuable software technology:
- Dolby Digital Live 5.1 (AC-3) Real-time Encoder (only 8768+)
- C-Media Xear 3D™ 7.1 Virtual Speaker SHIFTER technology
- Sensaura®CRL3D HRTF 3D positional sound enhancement with multi-drive 7.1, EnvironmentFX, ZoomFX, MacroFX, etc.
- Unique Karaoke functionality: Mic Echo, Key-shifting, Vocal Cancellation
- Interesting Magic Voice™ feature to change users' voice tone for IP phone, online games, and messenger applications
- 10-band Equalizer with 12 preset modes; 27 global environment effects
- Support 7.1 CH digital audio playback for WinXP, 2K, ME, 98SE (Microsoft DirectX V.8.1 above is required)
- Other oncoming features (ASIO driver, NR/AEC,...)

Here is the official manufacturers site: Linkage

Hope they get their asses in gear and ship it worldwide.:D

;)

Last edited:
And i'm about to upgrade to a audigy 2. I think I may have to wait around for this one if it really can do all that. Would it be worth it?

The intel ICH6 southbridge, found on i915 and i925 boards, supports Dolby Digital Live! encoding as well. As long as the motherboard manufacturers choose to use it. My Asus P5GDC has it, and it works really well.

Definitly wort the wait. This card looks amazing. I have an nForce 2 with the MCP-T southbridge and the DD encoding is fantastic...Just wish i could find one of these cards to buy on the net without living in Korea! Anyone know where?

JCLW. what brand of intel boards have the dolby digtal live enabled?

It does look badass.
I can't believe manufacturers aren't implementing Dolby Digital Live into PCI cards, all XBox games support it, for once the PC is lagging behind the console....

;)

man i would like to have that card to hook my comp up to my reciever and actually get 6.1 not that pro logic crap.

~Magick_Man~

Hmm, I like it. Looks to have decent analog out as well. I'd still like to see a soudn card that can do DTSES encoding....

And black PCBs look cool too. :D

So where can we buy one?

Well, this is the thing, i don't think us Westerners can yet.

It seems only to be available in Eastern Asia. I saw on another forum that some guy had a mass order from Asia to the West of a bout 50 cards, because he lives in Asia. Everyone else on the forum snapped them up.

Maybe something to consider??

Although, here from Ireland, I doubt I could organise such a shipment or want to for that matter, lol.

I haven't found any other details as to a UK / USA release, lets hope it's soon though.

;)

I would be interrested in picking one up from a mass order. I would also be interrested in helping organizing it (not on my own though). PM me I guess if you want to take this further

Any idea on what kind of chip and SQ this has? Also, it only mentions the voltage output, not the wattage or current.

xm71chip0ji.jpg

Looks like a CMI chip to me, probably the 8768+. AFAIK that's the only DDLive! chip they have.

CMI said:
Features:
- The global first 8CH single sound chip supporting Dolby® Digital Live 5.1 (AC-3) real-time interactive content encoder
- Full-duplex embedded 8CH DAC/2CH ADC
- Supports 96K/24bit playback; 48K/16bit recording
- CE level high-quality Signal-to-Noise Ratio (SNR) ~100dB
- Integrated S/PDIF transmitter supports 44.1k/48k/96KHz sample-rate and 16/24bits resolution
- PCI Rev. 2.2 compliant with bus mastering modes
- Supports the latest Dolby® Digital EX and DTS® ES 6.1/7.1CH DVD soundtrack playback
- Two S/PDIF inputs for optical and coaxial connectors individually
- Built-in earphone buffer at Front-Out pins (32Ω loading)
- One GPIO (General purpose I/O) support
- External EEPROM Interface for SID R/W purpose
- Supports MPU401 MIDI UART port
- DirectSound™ 3 HW acceleration compliant
- Power On/Off anti-pop circuit reference design
- ACPI compliant power down management
- Zoomed Video Port support
- Industrial standard QFP-128 package
- Almost pin-to-pin compatible with CMI8738 series
- Digital power = 3.3V & 5V, Analog power = 5V

Valuable S/W:
- Dolby® Digital Live 5.1 (AC-3) real-time interactive content encoder converting all digital audio sources (game audio, MP3, VCD, WMA, …) into 5.1ch Dolby® Digital stream through S/PDIF output interface
- C-Media Xear 3D™ 7.1 Virtual Speaker SHIFTER technology
- Interesting Magic VoiceTM feature to disguise users’ voice tone in all IP phones (Skype, MSN, Yahoo,…), online games, messenger, and Internet DJ/broadcasting applications
- Unique Karaoke functionality: Mic Echo, Key-shifting, Vocal Cancellation
- CRL3D® HRTF 3D positional sound enhancement from Sensaura® supporting multi-drive 7.1, EnvironmentFX, ZoomFX, MacroFX, etc.
- Supports most industrial standards of PC 3D sound for gaming, including EAX™ 1.0&2.0, A3D™ 1.0, and DirectSound™ 3 SW
- 10-band Equalizer with 12 preset modes; 27 global environment effects Support 7.1 CH digital audio playback for WinXP, 2K, ME, 98SE (Microsoft® DirectX V.9.0 above is required)
- WinCE driver and Linux OSS driver available (w/o DDLive)

well it seems i might be the first to get one of these on here as i just got one on ebay for $61 shipped. ill let ya all know how i like it when i get it.

Damn,
So you're the guy who beat me out by like one second.

I have the email address of the guy who is setting up the US distribution chain for these, Steven B. at [email protected]. I also have contacts in Korea who have ordered one from the website and are shipping it here. Should arrive in about a week. If all goes well, I'll let everyone know and perhaps I can help out with an order.

Tru_Hondo said:
Damn,
So you're the guy who beat me out by like one second.

I have the email address of the guy who is setting up the US distribution chain for these, Steven B. at [email protected]. I also have contacts in Korea who have ordered one from the website and are shipping it here. Should arrive in about a week. If all goes well, I'll let everyone know and perhaps I can help out with an order.

I am very interested in getting one of these. Please let me know how it turns out and what I need to do to order one.

Back