• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

PCI Alternative to SoundStorm!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I got mine for $85 shipped and it arrived in about 6 days. Installed without any problem. I upgraded from a Turtle Beach Santa Cruz and I can truly hear a distince difference in the quality and range of sound produced. I have a set up Klipsch GMX Promeida 5.1 speakers and everything works perfectly. I agree about the amount of control over volume and effects is great. All the connnections I used tested fine, analog, digital coax, optical. I didn't much care for the 7.1 emulation feature it offers but I didn't try that in any games. Have to agree that this is a great sound card. I need a little more testing in games to see how it fares with that. But so far with movies and music is is the best I've used.

Thank god!

This is what I've been waiting for! Hardware accelerated DDL on a PCI card!! I wonder when nvidia's or terratec's version of their DDL cards will come out...?

do you have any speakers with optical imputs? the reason i ask is because most soundcards with optical outs do not alter the output depending on the equilizer

zabomb4163 said:
do you have any speakers with optical imputs? the reason i ask is because most soundcards with optical outs do not alter the output depending on the equilizer
Any card with DDLive! should.

It looks like overclockers.co.uk does ship to the us- add it to the cart and start the checkout process- they give you an option for the US and calculate shipping0 looks like they do ;)

Ouch, that's a bit stiff. If more retailers pick up on this I'd expect the price to drop a bit. Looks nice. I noticed that a lot of the chips (opamps or whatevers, can't tell from the pics) are socketed. Might make for some parts swap opportunities?

dermen, that "US retailer" does not ship to the US. I think they are based in AU.

mortis03, i just ordered it (from OC UK), it should be here soon.

everyone else, if there's any kind of review information you'd like to get out of me once i have it, just let me know. i'll be in touch.

thanks turd. i've got the card. it took some tweaking to get it to do what i wanted but it's pretty great now. i'll try a fuller write-up once i get some time (not for a while).

but if anyone has any specific questions i can try to answer them.

Back