• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

P3 1GHZ O/C on Abit VP6

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

solidsnakeuk

Guys and gals...

I'm running a VP6 with Dual P3 1Ghz. I have seen some guys on here get 1200Mhz out of them. Can anyone suggest any multiplier settings and tips on achieving this? I heard in one thread that this can't be done without putting the FSB >133Mhz?

I have good cooling in my system and before this I was running a BP6 with 400Mhz Celery sticks @500Mhz for about 2 years.

Thanks for your help.

:)

Sorry to say..

Since the P2-333 all Intel chips have been multiplier locked. I assume since you FSB is 133mhz, and your chip is 1000mhz, that would make your multiplier 7.5x. At this multiplier, you would have to crank your FSB all the way up to 160 to hit 1200. This is wy most 'clockers prefer 100mhz FSB chips. There is more 'headroom' for 'clocking.

Well the bad news is that most duel MB's do not overclock as well as a single CPU the average ive noticed is around 1100 with a duel setup as theres so much info moving through the chipset it just does not do to well as thit is your weakest link.

solidsnakeuk said:
Guys and gals...

I'm running a VP6 with Dual P3 1Ghz. I have seen some guys on here get 1200Mhz out of them. Can anyone suggest any multiplier settings and tips on achieving this? I heard in one thread that this can't be done without putting the FSB >133Mhz?

I have good cooling in my system and before this I was running a BP6 with 400Mhz Celery sticks @500Mhz for about 2 years.

Thanks for your help.

:)

Hey! how do you like the set up that you have, i've been thinking of going with the same or holding off for the northwood
still not sure yet

Re: Re: P3 1GHZ O/C on Abit VP6

RocknBull said:

Hey! how do you like the set up that you have, i've been thinking of going with the same or holding off for the northwood
still not sure yet

Well I have only had it a few days now, but I am impressed. The mobo comes with some nice extas like another 2 port USB card etc. BIOS features are good and the AGP slot will take either 2x or 4x cards, when I was looking for a new board I was worried about my existing Voodoo 5500 not fitting and having to spend out on a GF3. Only drawback was that my mobo came with flat CMOS battery, but ho hum.

Apart from that the machine is bloody quick, I have the 2x 1Ghz and 1Gb RAM.

All in all very pleased so I would reccomend the setup, however if you get the board, make sure you get the 1.13 processors as I bought these thinking I could o/c 'em. :eek:

W3rd..

I must concur. I also noticed dually setups dont clock like single machines. But, hey thats ok. A dually P3 gig system is kickass any way you slice it.
Keep rockin' and clockin'
Lucifer

Back