• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Athlon 64 3200+ OC Results

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

bluediamond

Just finished getting my new A64 system set up and did some initial overclocking and I wanted to share my results with everyone.

Athlon 64 3200+ @ 2.35 GHz (235x10) - Winchester
Gigabyte K8NS Ultra 939
1 GB (2x512) PC3200 Mushkin Blue (2.5-4-4-8)
1 36 GB Raptor (OS)
1 74 GB Raptor (Data)
Sapphire 9800 Pro

I have attached pics from cpu-z.

I would like to hit 2.5 GHz, any thoughts?

Thanks

Attachments

• cpu.jpg
    cpu.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 296
run your memory async (166 or 133) if you have too...crank up the voltage to around 1.45v (might have to go to 1.5v) and set the FSB to 250 and HT multiplier to 4...

Even lower your multi to around 9 or 9.5.

For mine to get anything over 250 HT i had to make sure the HT was set at 3x and my memory was at 2.5-3-3-7

2434 mhz
I cant go much higher without more voltage. Im at 1.475 right now.

WHat is the safe cpu voltage to run on a 3200+ with watercooling? i'm currently at 1.612 pushing 2.65 ghz

shard said:
ok i feel rather stupid, but where is the ram dividers on this board? we are running the F5 bios

What I would suggest is seeing first of all how high your CPU can clock too. So lower your memory dividers to as low as possible 100 or so and put your CPU multiplyer as high as possible and your htt multiplyer (might be called ldt multiplyer on your board) to 3 then slowly increase your HTT (might be called FSB in bios) by 5 mhz and boot into windows. once in windows run a prime95 stress test for 5 minutes and then stop it to see if there are any errors. then run a superpi 1M test and check for errors. If there are no errors then reboot and increased your HTT by 5 mhz and repeat the process. If you can not boot into windows or windows automatically reboots increase your CPU voltage to the higher value in the bios. continue this until either your cpu voltages goes to 1.5 (if you're on air i suggest stoping there) or you start getting errors in prime95 or superpi. Once that happens then back down to your previous safe overclock

i have the same board - hit ctrl + F1 to get into advanced options. you'll find your mem dividers there.
i have hit 2.6GHZ on water, but it wont go any higher no matter what i do.

dont meen to butt in, but i just built a a64 3000+ rig. question is. what's the diff between "adjust cpu VID" and cpu voltage ? i have my cpu vid at (startup) and my cpu voltage is at 5%. roughly 1.45v according to core centre. currently stable at 9x245 for 2204mhz. running divider @ 133. cant seem toget more outta this thing. any suggestions ... (a64 n00b)

AlanD911 said:
WHat is the safe cpu voltage to run on a 3200+ with watercooling? i'm currently at 1.612 pushing 2.65 ghz

i've had mine up to 1.7v and no problems. that might be pushing the limits though. temps never went above 41C under load.

I heard the new Mushkin Blue had Winbond UTT chips. When did you get yours and have you tried putting lots of voltage on them?

Back