• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

OK. G.Skill 4400LEs came in.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
thanks m8, quick question

therse an option for cpu voltage of like 3.3%and 5.0% etc, and theres an option to just set it. Which do i do? I have it right now at just 1.55volts with no % stuff.

So killer, yours runs at 290 2.5-3-3-5? If so gratz. I am very jealous of your cpu btw. I
am deffinatly gunna have to get a new one when the venice core comes out, along with the DFI mobo.

I think my ondie controllers limiting me, I didnt gain one fsb higher going from ras-cas3 to ras-cas4 on my patriot tccd. I am gonna try 2x256 gskill, hopefully it responds much better vs. 2x512mb patriot. you will be much better running 270 ras-cas3 than 300 ras-cas4, there is huge performance loss with that, about 40fsb worth.

FWIW -

Got 2 x 256 LE 431's, 3 weeks ago from the Egg.

S478 3.4 P4E (14X multi) w/1:1 mem on Asus P4P800SE & Zalman 7700cu - 100cfm fan modded.

Set timings to 2.5-3-3-6 @ 2.75V.

Loaded the OS & other s/w at 260 (1 - 2 hrs).

Immediately went to 275 & Primed overnight (12hrs).

Started running DC (Climate Prediction) 24/7.

Went to 278, but rebooted after 1-1/2 hrs.

Back down to 275 for two weeks.

Now stable for one week at 277, & think I'm either proc, or mobo pwr (MOSFETS/Caps?), limited. The mobo is NOT 'droop' modded.

Like I said, FWIW.

Strat

290x9 at 2.5-3-3-5 i just cant get stable yet, im gonna try and burn it in at around 275x9 at 2.5-3-3-5 for a week or so. I will keep you all updated

EclipseJP said:
So killer, yours runs at 290 2.5-3-3-5? If so gratz. I am very jealous of your cpu btw. I
am deffinatly gunna have to get a new one when the venice core comes out, along with the DFI mobo.

Yes EclipseJP, it will run at those speeds, but i cant get it stable just quite yet. Im still in the "burn in" stage of things though. Overall though, i believe im going to run things at around 280-290fsb x 9 at 2.5-3-4-7. It feels pretty good here, and prime has been runnen for awhile now. So far so good. I will keep you all updated.

Try these A64 settings 310 fsb 2.5.4.3.7 1T

310-DFI.JPG

Wow SIK_L_CELL that is one nice OC. You must have a prommie or something.

BTW Killer you should change your sig now. :)

But I am trying to do CPU burn in right now and I will see what happens as far as the CPU goes.

sounds good, i can hit 300+, but i cant really get stable, and i sometimes cant even boot. Right now, im at 285x9 2.5-4-3-7 and im liken it so far. I think i can hit 290+ at these speeds stable. I will change my sig now i guess heh.

Overclocker550 said:
I think my ondie controllers limiting me, I didnt gain one fsb higher going from ras-cas3 to ras-cas4 on my patriot tccd. I am gonna try 2x256 gskill, hopefully it responds much better vs. 2x512mb patriot. you will be much better running 270 ras-cas3 than 300 ras-cas4, there is huge performance loss with that, about 40fsb worth.

Overclocker curious to see how G.Skill works for ya. My Patriot maxes at 280-282 2.5-3-3-10 2.85v , while cpu goes to 298 so end up have to run with 166 divider if I want 298.

Interesting thing, I test my memory in single channel and each dimm could go to 295 - 298 and pass Memtest. Gotta find out if that is common.

thats because your ondie controllers holding ya back but mines much worse than yours. dont bother using the 166 divider, youll lose ram bandwith and this means loss of performance. winchesters, heck all cpus LOVE ram bandwith and timings. I have noticed amd has really improved winchesters ondie controller and overclocking, alot of people are hitting 2.6, even 2.7GHz with recent weeks and they hit 270s, 280s even 290s on the ondie controller while my old week 37 only does 250s on the ondie and clocks to about 2.4GHz stable, 2.6 benchable. I am not complaining cause I can always go Venice sooner or later

yeah . my Winnie is a 0444. Ya think its the on die controller? I wonder, now cuz just read another post about Rev. 1 of Neo2 board and that happens to be mine so may be some other issues.

Hmm not really sure. Thanks for your info.

finally!! looks like im stable. 285x9 at 2.5-4-3-7. I like it! Im going to push for 290 soon!

sonicDivx, i see that you use 1.40volts and a 10% overvolt, what exactly does the overvolt option do? Currently im running just with 1.55volts and no overvolt. Should i be running overvolt?

Edit: Ive been primming overnight, im obviously stable here. Im gonna try 290x9 prime tonight.

Last edited:
killerkid,

if you look in BIOS under HW Monitor you will see that 1.55 delivers same voltage at 1.45. The Winchesters are incorrectly handled in the BIOS. So, basically to get higher voltage you need to use the % voltage. Though from the looks of it you do not need it, lucky dog. Looks like you got a nice highly OC'able Winnie

Back