• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Asus x800pro VIVO or Visiontek x800xt- help choosing

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

bobmanfoo

Disabled
was wondering what you guys think i should go for, 450$ for the VIVO or 500$ for the XT, i haven't been keeping up with ATI since the PRos were first released, TIA

mattspalace said:
Did you consider going for the 6800 Ultra deal posted in Cyberdeals?

I think for 50 bucks more, I'd go for the XT..
:), check my sig... i just sold my 6800 Ltd.Ed. and want to switch to ATI again... sorta to prevent me from jumping to SLI

agp, does OEM come with all of the wires and plugs?

XT- 500/560
XTPE- 520/590
right?

Yes, OEM comes with all the stuff you'll need. That's how I bought mine..

XT is 500/500
XTPE is 520/560

Keep in mind that some of the XT's are coming with 2ns memory and not 1.6ns. XT PE will 100% get you 1.6ns memory.

hmmm. should i just get the Asus VIVO then? i believe it comes with 1.6ns ram, what is the warranty like on the OEM? thanks for the help

man monarch has the x850xt for a little over $500 as well, im think about reconsidering pci-e....ah too many options

Nah, you don't wanna go pci-e yet man. You have really nice equipment there. Stick with AGP. Here's what I would do..

If you wanna save some money and maybe get a x800xt pe in disguise go for the Pro/vivo
If you don't mind OEM, and want the real deal for the money, then get the PE..

don't worry about the warranty, you know removing the stock HSF and overclocking will void the warranty.

ok heres my options
1. spend $160 out of pocket to stay AGP and get XTPE
2. spend $100 out of pocket to stay AGP and get VIVO
3. spend $190 out of pocket to go PCI-E with x850xt and DFI nf4
4. spend $110 out of pocker to go PCI-E with x800xl and DFI nf4
5. spend $165 out of pocket to go SLI with 6800GT and DFI SLI
hmmm....

Well if you're going to NF4, I would go with option 5. PCI-E 6800GT's are still pricey though.

With an AGP setup, I would still go with an XTPE.

Anyone else? I don't want to be the only guy giving opinions.

You're current AGP setup is fine, but I'd go with the DFI/x850XT PE setup if I were you. And no, I'm not saying this because of the DFI motherboard; rather, I think that $190 for a nice x850 XT PE system is well worth it.

deception``

Was that an X850XT or an X850XT PE??

Only reason I ask is because the stock clocks are slightly different, but the prices are very different.

i listed a the nonPE, didn't think PE was worth $50 more

deception,
yeah i know my current setup is fine, but i have agreed to sell my evga AGP already and can't go back on my word, i was intending on getting SL but i can't seem to find the DFI SLI anywhere and probably won't anytime soon, either way im out of a video card and it seem sthe DFI nf4 and x850xt is the best route to go

Last edited:
it was 568$ for OEM x850xt PE, and 503$ for retail x850xt, good choice? i will be ordering first thing tomorrow

Back