• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Hey MR. B

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
ouch i wouldnt buy any computer parts from ebay. thats were people sell off their worn out and broken parts.

Ebola said:
ouch i wouldnt buy any computer parts from ebay. thats were people sell off their worn out and broken parts.

I would'nt say that, I bought both my MB and my CPU there.
No problems, but you have to try to be careful. Find some one that "guarantees no DOA" that way you can get a refund from ebay if its bad.

zPacKRat said:
Just wondering what ever came of your BE6 that you bought on Ebay?

Well...

The first one (BE6 II v2.0), I tried to fix myself, and it's a bit hacked up. I don't think they'd RMA it...lol I'm tucking it away, until the day I get up the courage to really attack it w/ a soldering iron.

The 2nd one (BE6 II v1.0) ran, then died. A replacement BIOS chip got it running again. *whew*

If I send the dead v2.0 to Abit, do they do repairs?? (It's gonna need a new cpu slot.)

BTW...I lost the info you sent me about RMA'ing to Abit (not that I really NEED it now (I need to find out if they'll even fix it at this point. :( ), I did a format/install, and that was one of the things I forgot so save.... (DOH !!)

After all of that w/ the BE6 II's, I got a SH6 from Placid. Works great...:D

ebola, up until I got burned with the first board there (v2.0), I'd had remarkably good luck thru e-BAY. As mentioned, look for the "not DOA" guarrantee. If you're willing to watch and wait, there's a good deal to be found, if you have patience to wait for it. =)

Mr B

yea there are some good people on ebay but a lot of people try to rip you off. by the way i bought the same linux tshirt as you off ebay.

just wait till you have another slot based board take a @#$* and desolder it and walla, new board.

Actually, this is a request on MR. B's behalf. If you have a dead abit mobo that is slot based why don't you send it his way so he can hack it up and try to bring his board back to life.
That would make for an interesting thread now wouldn't it.

"man saves mobo, once thought to be dead!"

zPacKRat said:
just wait till you have another slot based board take a @#$* and desolder it and walla, new board.

Actually, this is a request on MR. B's behalf. If you have a dead abit mobo that is slot based why don't you send it his way so he can hack it up and try to bring his board back to life.
That would make for an interesting thread now wouldn't it.

"man saves mobo, once thought to be dead!"

If I graft the cpu slot off of a PC-Chips mobo, do you think the bad karma of the PC-Chips board would infect the BE6 II?? :D

I'm a bit anxious at the thought of de-soldering/soldering 262 teeny-tiny connections. I wonder if Abit would do this, and for how much? Where they've abandoned the Slot 1 platform, I wonder if they still fix them.... :(

Mr B said:

If I graft the cpu slot off of a PC-Chips mobo, do you think the bad karma of the PC-Chips board would infect the BE6 II?? :D

Yes it would! I think the be6 would be vindictave to you for soiling its rep with a PCChips slot on it.

Take pics if you do do it

Back