• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

4Ghz Club

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I got a screen of it at 11ghz :D

I oc'ed it to roughly 4 ghz and when i looked at cpuz it gave me that...

4.0GHz
mPGA-478 - C0
268 FSB
homemade pin-grid array waterblock.

I use the system as an IFR simulator for X-plane, and it routinely runs 8-10 hour sessions.

4000MHz.jpg

woot woot i can finally join in on the club:
Identify your Max Mhz:4016 so far
Identify CPU Type & Stepping : 2.4A E0
Identify your Max FSB:892 so far
Identify the type of cooling used Air cooled Gigabyte 3D pro
4ghz.JPG

and guess what? this CPU has a missing PIN! LOL
AND ITS STABLLE!!!!!!!

Not sure how relevant this is now a days, but since the thread is here I will post as well. Here is a screenshot of my P4 640 China on the WC'ing setup in sig.
4.jpg

Oops havent been to this thread in a while. Like said before Cpuz and UGuru dont get along...Also if anyone cares...I hit 4.2 Ghz with my 519

4200.jpg

Ok, you asked.

Max 4.3GHz
Intel Prescott 660 3.6GHz 2MB Cash
THERMALRIGHT XP120 :)

cpunow.jpg

Heh, I don't know how :) All I did was use the Bios to 20% OC and this was the result. I feel a little foolish cause I know I could get so much more out of my ram also if I could tweek the bios right, but it's a fear of what I don't know about my Bios that might hurt me. So admitting I am somewhat of an amature at this.

Man...you need to pass that thing over here and take my 640:)...I'll put that 660 to proper use. I am not sure about the P5ND2, but on the P5WD2 there is an adjustment in the bios for EIST/Speed step. Set it to minimum. I wasn't asking because I thought you could get more frequence wise out of the chip, but for the fact that the higher the FSB the more bandwidth you will have.

Well, do an ebay and get it for $290 like I did :) Some suggestions would be helpfull on how to do this would be great with the Bios FSB and such, than I could also OC my Ram that is slower with this OC.

Maybe there is already a post on this, or I will make one. Thanks for the input or I probubly would have taken longer to improve the system.

HAHAHA...that is okay. I think I will spend my $300 on a new cedar mill 661:) or at least that is my plan right now. I get so ****ed now when I can't fully adjust my multi now:mad:. You are correct there are posts about this already. Search for speed step. If you want help from a person that has a 660 and has done a good job with their system there are a few people around here that fit the bill. I know Sentenial had had a 660 and he is a great person to talk to if you can catch him (I haven't seen much of him lately). If you search the Intel section for 660's I am sure you can find more people. Good luck :cool:

Thanks, will do. knowing me I will probubly get obsessed and tweek the chip as far as I can and when all is done, get a better chip so I can do some more obsessing. But it will be a good learning experience. After I have a better OC I will post the results. Thanks again, Have a great new year.

Back