• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My 3000+ winny Pi score seems low?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jenko

I have just built my first a64 rig every thing is stock and its running at the correct 1.8ghz with ddr400 2.5-3-3 ram sloted into a gigabyte K8ns nf3 board.
My 1mb pi time was 44 seconds which my 3ghz presscot beats, i cannot find any memory settings in the bios just ddr voltage how can i fing out if my ram is running it T1?i have enabled top performance which make my fsb 208 instead of 200.

Super pi is mostly affected by 1T, tight timings, and high HTT, It definately looks weird, make sure you find the ram settings in your bios. If not, then your mobo is lame.
If those ram settings are SPD then dont be that surprised.....you need at least 2,2,2,5 SPD ram....

mata2974 said:
If those ram settings are SPD then dont be that surprised.....you need at least 2,2,2,5 SPD ram....

he mentioned they were at 2.5-3-3

this score doesnt really suprise me is a 1.8ghz a64 winnie suppose to beat out a 3ghz prescott on super pi?

whats your prescott scoring in 1m superpi? and was it oced when you ran it with the prescott? the faster memory times will help is why i ask.

Same ram at same speeds and timings 3.0e got 42 secs default.
Playin ut2k4 on this a64 shows how great it is, boot up is fast windows browsing is spot on also heat output and on this cheap £50 mobo makes me prefer it over my pressie

control F1 in bios gets you the advanced thingy tab
you can adjust timings and stuff in there
and change to 2T or 1T

Thanks! the setting is labelled "Enable 2T" auto,enable and disable so i have set it to disable havent run memtest yet as it was set to auto and probly defaulting to 2T?
I cant get this ram any faster then 2.5,3,3 but it is budget pc3200.
I guess i cannot go any higher then a multi of 9 on this 3000+ is there a way to lock my ram at 200 and just raise the ht speed on its own?
My ht multi is set at 5x with a speed of 200 so does that mean my HT is at 1ghz?

Last edited:
run vdimm throught your ram. if you purchased it recently you may or may not have the new winbond utt chips.
if you don't have a vmod, the ocz ddr booster will go to 3.6v on your board :)
gl

Can somepeople post there times using a stock a64 3000+ and ram at 200 please?

Well im gonna forget super pi as 3dmark05 cpu results are good and playin ut2k4 wow super fast and smooth :santa2:
And richard burns rally what can i say it bloody flys on this cpu compared to the same ram and video card on my pressie shame the A64 isnt for me though the computer is being picked up later :(

Back