• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New DFI nF4 Ultra-D build...so perty!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I was going to try to hold off on getting a new computer until next year, but after seeing this thread im thinking of just doing it this year. :)

My original board seems to have gone to complete crap. It won't cold start w/o me swapping out both UTT sticks and replacing them with old cruddy sticks. Then I have to load a special shutdown profile, reboot, shut-down again, swap sticks back and USUALLY it works for awhile. It's been locking up constantly though and it makes no difference which two of the six UTT sticks I use none of them work with this creepy board anymore. I haven't a clue what's changed, but this board is now very frustrating to try to use. I think the entire problem stems from the fact that the vdimm changes back to 2.6v regularly w/o any settings changes. An unusual problem many have reported with the dimm voltage set to use the 5v rail. In addition even on the rare occasion it works for awhile there are now memory errors where there were none. The sticks that used to do DDR530 [email protected] now won't even do 230Mhz w/o error at any voltage in this board. Judging by all the board revisions & the unusual additions to recent bios betas I'd guess that DFI is aware of these issues but they're too stupid to fix it. The second Ultra-D/SLI board I have exhibits less of these problems, but typically requires the power button be pushed 50x to start before working perfectly. A very strange problem indeed. I'm fed up with DFI and their public beta NF4 boards. I'm RMAing the most recent one to newegg for replacement at which time I'll probably sell it. The older one probably won't last the week w/o me smashing it into bits with a hammer.

CheezFry said:
I was going to try to hold off on getting a new computer until next year, but after seeing this thread im thinking of just doing it this year. :)

Don't do it bro. I was apparantly very lucky for awhile, but the luck is gone. I now have two very very frustrating and useless DFI boards that won't start and won't run for any length of time. Look elsewhere. The board has great features, but DFI clearly released it half baked and is unable or unwilling to correct it's many issues.

TimoneX said:
Don't do it bro. I was apparantly very lucky for awhile, but the luck is gone. I now have two very very frustrating and useless DFI boards that won't start and won't run for any length of time. Look elsewhere. The board has great features, but DFI clearly released it half baked and is unable or unwilling to correct it's many issues.

I was going to swear off DFI after the Infinty/ultra B debacle and cold boot issues. But after the success of the nf4, I figured, I'll give them another shot. My system has had issues yet, but the sli board I recieved wont even boot out of the box, and I've tried everything. It's not just DFI doing the public beta testing, it seems to be a growing trend among computer part companies, espeially those geared toward enthusiasts.

infinitevalence said:
Niku dont feel so bad im in the same boat, just had to pay $600 for what amounts to a tune up :( i did not even know that they made $150 sparkplug wires.

no no no thats was last time.

this time i got my tax return but was laid off the day before i got it....so i have been living on my tax return which i was going to use to bulid a new computer and do some little things to my car...its almost gone...and i still dont have a job....i have put out so many resume's and havent gotten any phone calls....i am thinking my phone is broken

edit:

thats why i havent been keeping up here, i visit the games ever so often but comming back here and rembering what i was gonna do with it all just ****es me off even more

Back