• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I can only get my celly to boot up at 83 or 100 mhz fsb

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Bmxpunk86pl

Yeah, i got a celly 700mhz (stepping 6) and i overclocked it to 788 and i want MORE!!!!! so the next step would be 10.5*83Mhz but the problem is that it wount even boot to let me see my video card and samething happenes when i try 10.5*100mhz. I even brought up the vlotage from 1.70 volts to 1.90 volts and nada, nothing not even video card pops up. Am i stuck at 788?
system specs:
abit vl6 mobo
256 megs or pc133 ram
32 meg agp tnt2 m 64 card
onboard sound
8x4x32 cd-rw drive
52x cdrom drive
4.5 gigs of space(yeah i know that sucks but im gettin more)
oh yea and i have no way of adjusting the agp bus ratio

Your 32C may not exactly be accurate, with my comp, i found it to be about 4C off (too low). What kind of hsf are you running? And do you have any case fans? It sounds like you are getting too hot before you are able to post (get into windows). Let us know and the peaple in here should be able to help you. I used to have the same problem with an old Celeron that I had. It would only post @100fsb, and no other setting. Not 72 or 83, but only 100, so I didnt complain about that lol.

Bmxpunk86pl said:
Yeah, i got a celly 700mhz (stepping 6) and i overclocked it to 788 and i want MORE!!!!! so the next step would be 10.5*83Mhz but the problem is that it wount even boot to let me see my video card and samething happenes when i try 10.5*100mhz. I even brought up the vlotage from 1.70 volts to 1.90 volts and nada, nothing not even video card pops up. Am i stuck at 788?
system specs:
abit vl6 mobo
256 megs or pc133 ram
32 meg agp tnt2 m 64 card
onboard sound
8x4x32 cd-rw drive
52x cdrom drive
4.5 gigs of space(yeah i know that sucks but im gettin more)
oh yea and i have no way of adjusting the agp bus ratio
Is anyone getting a good overclock with a 10.5 multiplier?

Back