• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I'm in deep doo doo, need help reflashing my card :(

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

warlock110

I tried flashing my 9550 to a 9600, unfortunately it didn't work. Lucky i already backed up the original bios using ATI tool. now i'm gonna try and flash it back, but currently i have no floppy and no PCI graphic card (i'm gonna pick one up tomorrow)

And i just wanna know, how do you boot from a PCI graphic card with an AGP card in the computer at the same time?

How do you create a bootable cd that's gonna work to flash the bios? i'm thinking of using Nero's bootable CD option, and put my old bios in, and along with that is ATIflash. I already know the dos command and stuff.

agg stupid me, this is a brand new card i just got too :(

warlock110 said:
I tried flashing my 9550 to a 9600, unfortunately it didn't work. Lucky i already backed up the original bios using ATI tool. now i'm gonna try and flash it back........

agg stupid me, this is a brand new card i just got too :(

.......Dude why in the world did you try flashing your vcard to 9600??:confused: Have you seen anyone attempt this? AFAIK they are as disimilar a chipset as a 9200 to a 9800PRO.

What you need to do is BUY another videocard a cheap PCI one. And use it for videosignal as you reflash your old one.

To be perfectally frank this defeats the puprose. Your card is FUBAR, go buy a new one it would be cheaper to buy a new one than to fix this one :(

Put in the pci card, and if it doesn't work with the agp card in then take the agp card out, go into the bios and set pci and the int display or whatever your board calls it, the turn the pc off put the agp back in and start the pc again, then you can make the bootable cd with nero and include the necessary files on the cd.

ATI’s RADEON 9550 is down-clocked RADEON 9600 featuring 128MB of DDR SDRAM memory with 128-bit bus, Chinese web-site HardSpell.com believes. Graphics cards based on the RADEON 9550 will work at 250MHz/400MHz speeds for chip/memory, 75MHz below core clock-speed provided by the RADEON 9600.

your card is identical to a 9600 except lower clocks. The problem is you may have fried the core trying to make it do 325 or you used the wrong bios. see if you can save it, if not, ebay it for a few bucks and just get a 9700 cheap

it should work when i reflash it, i flashed it with a different brand bios, i'll try to get a PCI card tomorrow and report back.

I got an option in my bios that said
Video (EGA-VGA) when i swap my PCI card in, do i selec EGA?

Back