• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

is it tooo much???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

-=HN=- Wild9

the mobo i have says that is it only rated to 1.13ghz
but my celeron is clocking in at 1.2ghz i think i could even get it a little higher but since my mobo only supports 1.13 ghz would it be like a little safe to continue at 1.2ghz and try and go up or just kick it down below 1.13 ghz?

-=HN=- Wild9 said:
the mobo i have says that is it only rated to 1.13ghz
but my celeron is clocking in at 1.2ghz i think i could even get it a little higher but since my mobo only supports 1.13 ghz would it be like a little safe to continue at 1.2ghz and try and go up or just kick it down below 1.13 ghz?
When you see that in the manual or whatever it's telling you the highest multiplier it supports. Flashing the Bios fixes this. If you can go past that "maximum" then your board was made after the manual was printed and you have the multipliers you needed. It has nothing to do with board functionality.:)

When the manual says: Up to 1 GHz CPU supported, it means the normal CPU speed at the designing FSB. For example, about a year ago almost all mobos were made with 10*100 MHz or 10*133 MHz limit. If you installed a 11*100 MHz CPU, and you BIOS only supporting 10x, two things could happen:

1.-No post
2.-The BIOS screen will say "Multiplier locked. Set to default" and your CPU will be running at 1.1 GHz.

If your oc, an Intel chip, your playing with your FSB, so you could go over the designed condiction easily.

Back