• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Compaq V2000 owners, get in here!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dreIU

I think I will buy this thing sometime soon... It looks great and has good features I think. The only hting that bothers me is the: Intel(R) Extreme Graphics 2."

Does that get in teh way of anything else but games? I mean, is it fine for watching videos (every once in a while)? Also, it doesnt really specify how much memory it uses (or how much it takes from the actual RAM). I checked out the specs @ Intel , and it really doesnt seem like that bad of a video adapter. What do you guys think?

Here is a link to the lappie, btw.

EDIT: Could someone tell me if that memory is pc2700 or 2100 please? I hope its 2700.

yes I agree that it is sufficent but don expect to be able to play many DX9 games... I'm not sure but I think it uses shared system memmory but I'm basing that off of integrated graphics from several years ago. I believe if it is the case then there should be an option in bios or software to change the amountb of shared memmory.

ozzlo said:
yes I agree that it is sufficent but don expect to be able to play many DX9 games... I'm not sure but I think it uses shared system memmory but I'm basing that off of integrated graphics from several years ago. I believe if it is the case then there should be an option in bios or software to change the amountb of shared memmory.

Cool, thanks for the reply man. I really don't expect to play any games on the laptop anywa to be honest.

Do you have any idea as to what the memory could be? I think it may be PC2100 because the prcessors available are 400mhz bus, and usually those with 533bus have the 2700 memory. Is that right?

wow they dont say what it is on their site my laptop is a pentium-m with a 400mhz fsb and I have pc2700 in mine so i would say that it's not impossible. Stupid of hp to not say what it is...

*edit I did a little digging and I found that it is pc2700 they using.

my hpz4900 used pc2700 but it is kinda weird slot one runs at 133 and slot two runs at 166, slot one is a 512 of corsiar and slot 2 is the stock 256 that came with the laptop but even if i switch them they will keep the same Latancy and frequency for that perticular slot (ex even if the 256 is in slot 1 it turns to 133 but if it is slot 2 it is 166...) :confused:

and the above information was provided by CPU-Z....

ozzlo said:
wow they dont say what it is on their site my laptop is a pentium-m with a 400mhz fsb and I have pc2700 in mine so i would say that it's not impossible. Stupid of hp to not say what it is...

*edit I did a little digging and I found that it is pc2700 they using.

Well thanks for confirming that, did you jut google it?

Icedfire101, you are saying that one slot is pc2100 and the other is pc2700? Contact compaq about that, not sure if that's normal.

well I did go to google but the results took me back to the hp site...

hmmm... HP says that they got 2700 yet they only run at 2100.... sounds like they scamming people out of a few bucks here..

maybe you could look at a different brand... there are at least 17 other brands to ochoose from.... From how their desktop systems where I have a small grudge against hp and thus you could never get me to buy hp anything... except if it came from their quantum research department...... :)

I have an HP dv1000, which is supposed to be the same notebook just with more "bling" features. I'll try to get some CPU-Z screens for you tomorow. So far, I know the memory runs async and that they're Samsung with 2-3-3-7 timings. I was able to OC my notebook to 2.1ghz, but the lack of a pci lock made the other onboard devices finicky. It seems that 1.9ghz is the absoulte max OC. I'll try to post the rest of the details tomorrow.

fldrice said:
I have an HP dv1000, which is supposed to be the same notebook just with more "bling" features. I'll try to get some CPU-Z screens for you tomorow. So far, I know the memory runs async and that they're Samsung with 2-3-3-7 timings. I was able to OC my notebook to 2.1ghz, but the lack of a pci lock made the other onboard devices finicky. It seems that 1.9ghz is the absoulte max OC. I'll try to post the rest of the details tomorrow.

cool... please do! thanks man.

As far as looking at other brands, I looked at Gateway's M210, which is somewhat similar to the v2000. I want something that small/light/thin and sexy. I will look around for other brands too I guess, kinda dissapointed in Compaq for this tho.

DV1000 Stock:

dv1000%20stock%20cpu-z.JPG

looks like it's only running @DDR266

DV1000 @ 2.1ghz:

dv1000%20@%202.1%20cpu-z.JPG

The closests you will ever get to DDR333

DV1000 @ 1.9ghz

dv1000%20@%201.9%20cpu-z.JPG

The most stable OC will allow you to run the memory @ DDR298

So it's defintely PC2700 mem then? That's good to hear. Thanks for mentioning the dv1000, now I like it better :D Also, thanks for the pics!

Yah thats 2700 but it's still running only at 266mhz which is 2100 speeds you will have to oc the thing to get close to 333... I'm going to cpuz my laptop and post screenies too... cauz 2 manufacturers in row is not good :(

wait... his stock screnshot (far right) says it's at pc2700... am i missing something? I really like this laptop, I hope there is some way to actually get 2700 without OCing

dreIU said:
wait... his stock screnshot (far right) says it's at pc2700... am i missing something? I really like this laptop, I hope there is some way to actually get 2700 without OCing

the shot on the FAR RIGHT is giving the RAM'S MAX SPECIFICATIONS

while the shot in the MIDDLE is giving the RAM'S ACTUAL RUNNING SPEED WHICH SAYS 133MHZ WHICH IS 2100... THE MOTHERBOARD IS UNDERCLOCKING THE RAM...

Looks like it's only running @DDR266

Man that really sucks... I wonder why they would do that. That's too bad, I really liked that model too (well thte dv1000 and the v2000).

Back