• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

URGEEEENTTTT M-Audio Revolution 7.1 drivers

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

OLMI

I have been trying to install the drivers for this, and it's making me want to never touch a computer ever again.

-I install the drivers
-I restart
-I install the drivers again for some reason because the crap never works after the first try
-Then I get a message that says that the device isn't able to start (code 10).

I have also tried putting the card into every PCI slot my motherboard has, and it still doesn't work.

PLEASSSSSSSE HELP

I am installing these:

http://www.m-audio.com/index.php?do=support.driverdownload&ID=394

Weird thing, but did you try installing the drivers before installing the PCI card? Sometimes they're picky like that..

Try using different versions. I have windows 2003 server and the newest drivers didnt work. So I just installed the drivers before that and its working like a charm.

OLMI said:
Why would I get VIA drivers? :(
Uh? Because VIA is who made your sound chip?

Your M-Audio Revolution 7.1 is built on Via's "Vinyl Audio" Envy24HT chipset. My motherboard's audio is built on the integration-specific Envy24PT. Maybe if you'd go have a look at the page, it would make sense?

Back