• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Harddrive Woes

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Skiing Squirrel

Here is the situation: I have 2 harddrives on my SIL Sata card on my epox 8rda+. I have a raptor 36 gig and an 80 gig. I formatted and I suppose the OS was spread out on both of the drives. I turned off my computer the other day and now it wont read the drives. OS detects that they are there. I put in the OS disk to use the repair tool, and it didn't even detect it either.

I have tried: Booting one harddrive. The 36 gig is recongnized, but wont boot up. The 80 seagate is not. I changed out the cables, resetted CMOS. Anything else I can do? I need about a gig of data off these harddrives...

Any help would be great.

okay, it is not possible for the os data to get spread over both drives. Are you running these in raid? Also, what mb are you using?, it is possible they are detecting the drives, but they aren't in the boot order.

No, they aren't in a raid. Just the master and the slave. I am using an epox, but I am running them off a sata card in a pci slot. I have tried setting them in different boot orders. Should I just reformat one, and see if I can use the other one as a slave when I got one running correctly? And extract the data that way?

Back