• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Installing A Side Case Fan

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

lennytiger

I was just going to ask if anyone had any tips for me!!

I want to put a case fan on the left side of my case blowing onto the HSF to keep it cool.

Is this a good idea???

What are the best ways of doing it I don't have the right dremel bits I have a jigsaw and I have a drill with all the metal bits.

I know the drill works cause I used it on my PSU to put some bvent holes in that.

lennytiger said:
I was just going to ask if anyone had any tips for me!!

I want to put a case fan on the left side of my case blowing onto the HSF to keep it cool.

Is this a good idea???

What are the best ways of doing it I don't have the right dremel bits I have a jigsaw and I have a drill with all the metal bits.

I know the drill works cause I used it on my PSU to put some bvent holes in that.

First... Outline what you want to cut. Then drill a hole very close to the edge of the line. Cut around the hole the best you can. You should be able to get a pretty decent hole with the jigsaw. If you think you messed up a little... just keep going, you will do more damage trying to go back and fix it.

Good luck! Should be a breeze with a jigsaw actually!

Back