• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

9500Pro w/ black PCB...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dreIU

I thought they were red only? There is a sticker on there that says 128mb 9500pro, not sure who it's made by... it has an ATi sticker on the fan.

Here is what the sticker reads:

S/N 180313017083
Radeon 9500 Pro 128M
P/N 102A0560204 075634
Made in China

Does anyone know anything about this? What brand and such? I tried googling it and found a similar P/N, but the last 6 digits were completely different.

Also, I think I have to flash the bios in order to OC it right?

Thanks guys!

EDIT: turns out, according to the guy who sold it to me, that it is a Sapphire, but I can't seem to find a modded bios for the Sapphire brand :-/

Last edited:
pcb can be any color, but red is most common. If yours is clock locked, maybe rivatuner can fix that, I see something called "antioverclockprotection" if this doesnt work, just sell that and get a real 9700

I was just going to say, that black ATI cards are build by Sapphire. Looks like you have that figured out now.

Have you tried to overclock it at all? Id start there before even considering everything else. 1 step at a time.

Thanks for the replies guys!

I have not tried to OC it yet, just got it today in the mail, and I have had no time to mess with it... school is killling alll my time :(. I dont want to sell it and get a real 9700 because I dont need a real 9700. I had an x800pro clocked at some high speeds before this and I sold it for a reason. I just need a card that is decen in case I need to play games, that's all. Unfortunately I dont hardly ever have time to do so.

If I am not mistaken, weren't all 9500pro's locked? I also could have swore I saw somewhere that the omega drivers unlock them (thus eliminating the need for a flash). But I will have to run some 3dmark runs (before and after), and I plan on OCing with radlinker.

Well, I just ran 3dmark 03 and got 3927 points (no OC), but I forgot to turn the slider to performance in the control pannel. man I miss my x800pro.

Well, this thing is definitely superior to a 9600pro then?

dreIU said:
Well, I just ran 3dmark 03 and got 3927 points (no OC), but I forgot to turn the slider to performance in the control pannel. man I miss my x800pro.

Well, this thing is definitely superior to a 9600pro then?

I would just have gotten a 9700 non pro off ebay for $100 shipped....

Overclocker550 said:
I would just have gotten a 9700 non pro off ebay for $100 shipped....

I would have gotten one too, if i wanted one. However, I do not need performance at the moment. Money is a bit of an issue right now, and i hardly have time to sit down in front of a computer and play games. So a 9700 (maybe even this 9500pro) would be overkill for what it will be used for. That's why I sold my monster of an x800.

I am sure I can still play CS:S or HL2 at decent settings with this thing if I ever have some time, but right now that is the last of my concerns.

then I hope your 9500p cost less than that $100 shipped 9700 off ebay. also you dont even need to bother overclocking it for old games you hardly play

Overclocker550 said:
then I hope your 9500p cost less than that $100 shipped 9700 off ebay. also you dont even need to bother overclocking it for old games you hardly play

I got it for 60 shipped. I have not overclocked it yet since I have not played a game on it, once I will, I will probabily want to OC it. I just wanted to get your guys' impression on the card. From what I hear only the early bios' were locked, but again, I'll find that out when I get to it. It's really not a bad card for 60 bucks, it gets 4100 on 3d03 with settings set to performace and stock clocks. Not too shabby

EDIT: I got just shy of 30K on 3d01 with my x800pro. what do you think I would get with the 9500pro? I am not at home right now, so that's why Im asking.

LOL good question, id have to say 18k overclocked, maybe even 19k if it ocs real well. Its like my 9700 except its 128 bit ram

Overclocker550 said:
LOL good question, id have to say 18k overclocked, maybe even 19k if it ocs real well. Its like my 9700 except its 128 bit ram

ah it's only 128 bit? So the only thing it has over the 9600pro is that it has 8pipes. I will probabily end up OCing just out of pure curiosity. I dont think the ram will go too high; it's infineon and from what I've been reading it wasnt doing so great on these cards.

How does this compare to the Ti4600 on DX8 applications? They were released about the same time werent they?

well ati's newest drivers have given nice boosts, even in dx8. I dont know how much this will help but at 262x9=2.36GHz winny and 9700np 275/270 I got 18.7k whereas I barely broke 19k with my ti4200 at 340/730 and the ti4200 had LOD tweak too. Seems like radeon 9500 and up do exceptionally well in lobbies and decent in car high, I totally crush my ti4200 in both lobbies and even ch im ahead. If your 9500p overclocks well you may very well match a stock 9700np and match or come very close to my ti4200. Hence my estimate youll hit 18k.

Back