• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

new NF7-S v2 can't see whole IDE 160gig HD

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

richnerd

Registered
Hello all,

I'm hoping I placed this thread in the correct forum. I can not get my new NF7-s v2 or XP to reconize my whole IDE 160gig HD. My bios (abit n27) only sees my 160gig HD as approx. 33gig.
I would like to try SATA but I can't even get the bios to see the HD when using the SATA adapter. So I'd love any assistance.

PS - the HD has been completely diag. OK And I know my XP disk is ok.

Did you try reformating the drive. Mabye you made a small partition. Redo the windows setup and delete all existing partitions and recreate one that is the true size.

Yes, at this point I have reformatted the drive about 25 times. The HD is a Maxtor. Since I was unable to have XP pro see the drive larger then approx. 32gig I formatted the drive using the Maxtor SW...created a parition at 60gig and 100gig. Then try installing XP using the existing partition but once installed it still only shows approx. 32gig in Disk Management.
The only thing I can't understand is in the Abit Bios the capacity seems to always show 33821mb but sees the correct HD (labled as 160).

I have also tried formatted with the Maxtor SW and creating a partition (60 and 100) and then booting with XP and allowing XP to reformat the existing partition but XP changes it to approx. 32gig again.

Can someone tell me if their bios capacity equals their actual HD size.

Back