• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Athlon 64 DTR Peltier system

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Melraidin

Registered
Just wondering if anyone has first hand experience with a Peltier on an Athlon 64, or if they've got links to someone who has done so...

I've got a Danger Den Maze4-1 on my Athlon 64 DTR and am not entirely sure I've got it mounted as well as I could. Right now my load temp is around 23 C.... Not sure, but I would've expected it to be a fair bit lower than that.

If you could post more information it would be usefull. Things like:

Coldplate thickness
CPU voltage and speed
Pelt specifications
Pelt powersupply specs
water cooling info (pump, rad, etc)
clamping info

That doesn't sound like too bad of a load temp depending on what your settings are. There can be a very big difference between idle and load temps when the pelt is a little undersized for the heat load, as is common on newer processors.

From what I found the Danger Den Maze4-1 is a 80Watt GPU unit? Not much for an Athlon 64 I think.

matttheniceguy said:
If you could post more information it would be usefull. Things like:

Coldplate thickness
CPU voltage and speed
Pelt specifications
Pelt powersupply specs
water cooling info (pump, rad, etc)
clamping info

That doesn't sound like too bad of a load temp depending on what your settings are. There can be a very big difference between idle and load temps when the pelt is a little undersized for the heat load, as is common on newer processors.

Note: This is the Danger Den Maze 4-1 CPU block, not GPU block. _Much_ bigger.

Coldplate thickness: 1/4" to 3/8"
CPU: 1.85 V, ~2.7 GHz (working on finding a stable number, also putting a better PSU in here soon).

Pelt: 226 W from Danger Den, undervolted it at 12 V
Pelt PSU: Meanwell S-320 (12 V, 25 A)
Swiftech 650 pump, DD dual heatercore with 2 fans pushing.
Also on the same water loop is the DD Maze4-1 GPU block with 80 W pelt.

Melraidin said:
Note: This is the Danger Den Maze 4-1 CPU block, not GPU block. _Much_ bigger.

Coldplate thickness: 1/4" to 3/8"
CPU: 1.85 V, ~2.7 GHz (working on finding a stable number, also putting a better PSU in here soon).

Pelt: 226 W from Danger Den, undervolted it at 12 V
Pelt PSU: Meanwell S-320 (12 V, 25 A)
Swiftech 650 pump, DD dual heatercore with 2 fans pushing.
Also on the same water loop is the DD Maze4-1 GPU block with 80 W pelt.

Sounds like you might be a little high, but not too much. I'm getting 12°C-15°C on my setup, with a AMD XP 1600+. However, in addition to the lower power CPU, I don't have a GPU with a pelt on either. That might be dumping enough extra heat into your loop to explain the temperature differences. I'm using the 2X120 heatercore from DD to get rid of the heat. Nothing else on my w/c loop.

I realized this wasn't exactly what you asked for, but I thought it might help.

Back